Ramble On - Led Zeppelin - questions

I like it better than the other song I heard from you. Its more defined and confident, compared to the other song it doesnt even sound like the same person. Still, I cant honestly tell you that its good, its working better and would do ok on a live situation (depending of course on how demanding it is to exectue the song like this). On the other hand, what I do think is quite good is the guitar, very nice man, very tight execution and a very full tone, congrats.

The reasons why I dont think its good:

Your voice is breaking from the lower parts, to the higher ones, on some spots on the higher notes, it sounds nice and its quite close to what Plant used to do, but even in those parts its airy and it becomes weak. On the notes that are on the midway, the break appears and it becomes very unstable, it does not sound well.

Told you this before, gonna tell you again, you do have coordination and agility that is not common on untrainned voices and you have a well developed relative pitch perception, it would be wise to train, both to develop your voice and protect it.

Looking forward to hear you singing something within your comfortable range. Something that comes easy and nice like that guitar you played.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thank you very much, Felipe and I really do mean that. That is, indeed, a high compliment coming from you.

Funny enough, the guitar part is easy because I am making rhythm with a low-high strumming pattern that gives the song momentum.

And, hoping that I get better at recording anything, will make it easier to hear where I err, as well as where I succeed.

There are a few spots in there I am not happy with that I will certainly iron out. This started out as a way to show off the guitar and then became a challenge for me to simply record at least one song a little more correctly than my usual bull-in-a-china-shop modus operandi.

• TMV World Legacy Member

And, Felipe, I listened to it again and I hear what you are talking about. I could have improved this with a little more legato. I sound fairly centered in the higher stuff and should have sought the same descending in the melody.