More than anything, I want to be able to do THIS!

Rate this topic

Keith

There are lot of youtube vids of people trying to hit that f#. Maybe I will go in my studio and try with the original music as background. Maybe tomorrow, because I am also working on a Dragonforce song as well....

Starting off in falsetto has always helped me. I usually take a note and like VIDEOHERE said, start adding some twang in gradually until the note is a full voice head tone. The Messa di Voce exercise, I think it's called helps me a lot.

If you want I can record and show how to do this... This is one thing in singing I am very comfortable with. Keith, your upper range issue is that your head voice is very separated from your chest voice. You need to approach your head voice either in a thin chesty sound that goes into falsetto or go from strong curbing into strong supported head or from overdrive into twangy head... There's not just one way to do things but i think you want the coherency of tone color unless you deliberately want to yodle like Thijs Van Leer ;)

A full One Second of Digital Delay Echo and Reverb, mixed in at full volume, will help to make it sound that dramatic, once you can actually get to that F#5! Don't forget to put some edge on the notes, too!

Yes, you CAN get there!

Bob