Walking in Memphis

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's cool. Sounds a little like Jason Mraz to me (a good thing in my opinion). You have that kind of unique style.

From my limited experience with my vocal lessons the only suggestion I have (probably has more to do with my personal taste than your technique) is to maybe make your sound a little fuller (rounder) by focusing the air toward the roof of you mouth above and behind your nose more and opening up more in the back of your mouth - up by your soft palate, not down by your throat.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense, or helps, but I think you sound great!

hey open mic, i remember your posts from the BS forum. I think you sound great. your technique is advanced for sure.I was wondering for this recording is it in the orginal key? It sounds higher or maybe thinner is the word. but maybe thats just your sound :) I would like to hear this in a lower key just for comparison.

Your control is pretty awesome! Stylistically, I guess i was looking for something with a more smokey rough sound to it. Maybe try it with your same licks but a more rough wailing sound. I would also be interested in hearing it keyed down a little.

The beginning transition from slower tempo to faster sounded a little rushed. You might try varying that a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

you have a great voice and lots of power but you are not in full control of it...play with a metronome or tap your foot, you speed up and slow down throughout the song.....there is too much noisy loud singing; not enough breath; it sound like you are singing the whole song in one breath. You showcase your voice in some nice crecendos; but I would like to hear you tone it way down. Sing with more bassier tone, open up your mouth and throat and slow the song down. Sounds a little chesty in some parts too. keep practicing...you could be very very good....

Listen to the beginning of the song how you sound, I loved it at first and was a tolerable volume...as soon as you sing the lyrics "first class ticket" you begin to speed up.... just throttle back a little and sing consistant when you started off the song... "When we haven't even got a prayer" sound far reached and whiney...."

Try again and repost...

• Administrator

I like your voice... very different. Unique, thin color to it that I think is cool. But you need to tap your foot and get some steady tempo goin ... it rushes the tempo ... sit back, dont rush the beat... work with a metronome a bit and it will be solid.

Is this you pickin? Nice guitar pickin.

Hope this helps...