Puissance

What Microphone Do You Use for Vocals?

Rate this topic

Well, looks like I also had to buy the e945. I bought it new for about 100usd, just couldn't pass the offer by. :cool:

Khassera,

WOW ! What a deal.... Mine was new for $249.00 :mad:

I couldn't pass that up either. Who are you purchasing from ? I'd really like to know :D

But I can assure you you will NOT be disappointed !!! :cool:

Keep saving for Pillars as well !!! Seriously, it's AWESOME and unlike other vocal programs, Robert will always be there to assist you. On that note, there are so many times that I've seen Robert "shoot out" emails in this forum to his clientele/students to assist them. AND, I've seen Robert offer some kick ass deals on Pillars AND updates to Pillars on many occasions !

I couldn't pass that up either. Who are you purchasing from ? I'd really like to know :D

An acquaintance who traded a car for a studio full of gear found three 945's, two of them still sealed in their boxes. He didn't think he'd need them for what he does (not that much sound, more special effects) and contacted me.

Keep saving for Pillars as well !!! Seriously, it's AWESOME and unlike other vocal programs, Robert will always be there to assist you. On that note, there are so many times that I've seen Robert "shoot out" emails in this forum to his clientele/students to assist them. AND, I've seen Robert offer some kick ass deals on Pillars AND updates to Pillars on many occasions !

Heh. I think every teacher will find the time to help out a paying customer. With that said I do appreciate Robert's activity here. He seems approachable. I've got the money, I guess I'm just a tad iffy, but that's how musicians tend to be, right? :) It looks awesome, though.

Alright, gotta admit: The e945 is amazing.

I got the ND767 from EV and the Senn e945 today, and out of the two, although not exactly the same, I prefer the sound and dynamics of the e945. The 767 really does sound boomier and I don't really have to make an effort, but for some reason, perhaps due to the mix (although I haven't had this effect with other mics I've used with the same exact preamp settings) the lower sounds seemed to overdrive a bit. Weird.

But anyways, since one has to go the 945's the keeper.

Alright, gotta admit: The e945 is amazing.

I got the ND767 from EV and the Senn e945 today, and out of the two, although not exactly the same, I prefer the sound and dynamics of the e945. The 767 really does sound boomier and I don't really have to make an effort, but for some reason, perhaps due to the mix (although I haven't had this effect with other mics I've used with the same exact preamp settings) the lower sounds seemed to overdrive a bit. Weird.

But anyways, since one has to go the 945's the keeper.

Agreed !!! But if you're anything like me, you'll keep BOTH of them !!! :cool:

But then again, I'm "mic crazy" ??? :rolleyes:

And that is because equipment is important. I recently got an m-audio interface and it is so much better than my old one, almost no comparison. Both in ease of use and recording quality. And, when I bought it, I also bought an xlr to xlr cable for low to noise input.

I think it makes a difference. And recording engineers fully know equipment matters. That's why they keep more than one vocal mic around. Regardless of the singer's "technique."

I'm not, though. I'll return the EV and use the money for a program. Either pillars or the rest of KTVA.

the microphone should be fitted to your voice, its better to ask some proffesionalist from studio or radio to choose you one, its never one micophonr wich is the best for all voices... i've just got a new one- shure beta 58A, but GUYZZ! ATTENTION! ON THE SALE ITS NOW FAKE SHURE BETA 58A AND YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WISLEY AND PAY AN ATTENTION TO ALL DETAILS !!

the microphone should be fitted to your voice, its better to ask some proffesionalist from studio or radio to choose you one, its never one micophonr wich is the best for all voices... i've just got a new one- shure beta 58A, but GUYZZ! ATTENTION! ON THE SALE ITS NOW FAKE SHURE BETA 58A AND YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE WISELY AND PAY AN ATTENTION TO ALL DETAILS !!

Agnieszka,

Thank you for bringing this (in bold) to the attention of our membership !!!

By any chance do you know where these mics are coming from ?

Warmest Regards,

Adolph

Well it seems like from China actually, there is one film, on youtube how can you recognize those which are fakes, but its in Polish , but I can tell you than there are some differences like the color, or length, the interior, the finishing...

Well it seems like from China actually, there is one film, on youtube how can you recognize those which are fakes, but its in Polish , but I can tell you than there are some differences like the color, or length, the interior, the finishing...

I suspected that they were from China. I'd be willing to bet that there are other countries that are doing the very same thing, but if I listed them all, my post would be quite long :rolleyes:

Nice to see you on the forum, Ralf!

If there's anyone here who doesn't know Ralf (is this at all possible?) - check out his stuff - he knows how to record and produce vocals.

SmartVL2 is a software released in early April 2015 to extend the functionality of the TC-Helicon VoiceLive footswitch for vocalists.

Running on PC Windows SmartVL2 is opening up new features such as:

• full visual control

• wireless remote control from any microphone

• playing sound files WAV and MIDI associated with presets and steps

And many other features designed to control your VoiceLive 2 during rehearsals or live performances.

Sounds can even during their reading control effects or harmony.

Will soon be available for the following versions of TC-Helicon Voicelive series: 3, Touch, Touch2 and Rack.

video (You tube):

'>

web site:

http://www.smartvl.com

Facebook :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smartvl/1636145113284616

I use a Rode M1 as my primary live mic. Great mic all around. It's a little heavier then some of my other mics so if your mic clip is loose you may have to tighten it bit (take less then a min) but then your good to go.

Many. I recommend the EV 767a, Sennheiser e935 and a little known mic from Italy that is awesome called the Lombardi.

My friend uses Audio-Technica AT4040. I am thinking of purchasing it too. This mic can be employed in a diversity of situations: in the studio and live format, as well as for highly demanding digital recording systems. The microphone is great for recording such a complex genre as hip-hop (I'm fond of hip-hop).