Official Queensryche Cover Thread

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here’s Someone Else?.

There are quite some pitch issues. It was my second take. I like this sort of ring I seem to have, with this clear heady tone. I will practice the song some more, but this shows my problems if I don’t. There are some parts where I’m on pitch, pretty well, and others where I seem to know the notes but just don’t hit them correctly.

Mind that I was performing along with the piano. Clearly I’m just a beginner pianist, so it could affect my singing as well (pitch). I’ll see how much I can improve this song.

Playing an instrument AND singing is a beeyotch lol. Pretty good job considering. You could try recording just the piano first, then singing over that track. If you do happen to record just the piano, please send me the backing track :)

www.drop-head.com

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manolito, i listened to your queensryche clips and you have a great voice and a great range. It appears that you, like me, suffer a little from insufficient mixing skills, your higher notes appears a bit shrill. Maybe it could be fixed with a different equalizer setting? But great job overall!

Manolito, i listened to your queensryche clips and you have a great voice and a great range. It appears that you, like me, suffer a little from insufficient mixing skills, your higher notes appears a bit shrill. Maybe it could be fixed with a different equalizer setting? But great job overall!

:lol: :lol:

Manny suffers from ronws disorder! Problems at the editing stage. Nice to know that I am not alone. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the compliment. I needed that. I think I’m going to do another one.

Any requests?

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.

• 2 weeks later...

So my voice got kinda trashed over Halloween and I've been nursing a sore throat for a few weeks. I've been wanting to get back in the saddle but every time I tried I got frustrated. So I took a break for a while. Well, the last few days I've felt my voice coming back and I've been listening to a lot of Queensryche again. Low and behold I see a Queensryche thread! Really?! Sweet!

So I found a decent backing track on iTunes for one of my favorite Queensryche songs, "Jet City Woman". I wanted a track that had no backing vocals but i just couldn't find any like that, so on this one I sing harmony along with the backing vocals as well as lead vocals (obviously). I read the thread and I tried to follow the rules but I ended up doing this in two takes, mainly because I totally botched the lyrics. Obviously I had to go back and record the backing vocal harmonies, but i didn't count those as extra "takes" ( I did those in one take, btw).

So, without further ado here is my cover of Queensryche's "Jet City Woman"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140458649/Jet%20City%20Woman%20mix.mp3

(I had to use my dropbox account because lame Soundcloud wouldn't allow the track due to "copyright infringement"... :mad: )

Great voice, Bernie, i really enjoyed this, nothing to complain about except for the mix and sound quality that could be a little more bright/clear but your vocals sounds great.

Thanks Keith. I was a little hesitant because I strained my voice just before Halloween, but I felt good and I'm happy to hear it sounded good as well.

Olem, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I agree that the mix isn't as clean as I would like it. This backing track sounded much cleaner in the clip that I listened to prior to purchasing it. I suppose when you can't provide your own instruments and talent for the backing track then you have to take what you can get. Unfortunately there aren't too many quality karaoke offerings for Queensryche. :/

I agree with others, the mix should be different. Your singing was great, from what I could hear and I wanted to hear it with a little more cut. There is such a thing as blending in too well. A well balanced mix does not mean equal values. It means different things in prominence at different times, also depending on genre. Luckily, for this song, the bass guitar is actually the driving instrument and leads the way.

Trust me, I have had my own challenges mixing anything, including a few QR songs.

Thanks Keith. I was a little hesitant because I strained my voice just before Halloween, but I felt good and I'm happy to hear it sounded good as well.

Olem, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I agree that the mix isn't as clean as I would like it. This backing track sounded much cleaner in the clip that I listened to prior to purchasing it. I suppose when you can't provide your own instruments and talent for the backing track then you have to take what you can get. Unfortunately there aren't too many quality karaoke offerings for Queensryche. :/

I have what can be considered as close as the master track as you can go and can make a karaoke track out of it.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.

I have what can be considered as close as the master track as you can go and can make a karaoke track out of it.

I would very much appreciate if you could do that! Could you email it to me pr post it on something like Dropbox?

I would very much appreciate if you could do that! Could you email it to me pr post it on something like Dropbox?