Introducing TVS Student - Nick Beckley

• Administrator

Ya, I think Nick has some George Michael overtones, which is a compliment. George Michaels is a good singer. Nice Work Nick, I also like the 'proggy' vibe in the instrumentation at times. See you Sunday at the Hard Rock Cafe in Seattle.

• Administrator

Nick,

GREAT VOCALS !!!

Welcome to the TMV World Forum.

Hope to see you on the "Main Site". I searched, but can't locate you ???

Warmest Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

• Administrator

Oh, thanks Nick! Appreciate you letting the 'gang' know that here. You have to know, this is really the most outstanding online forum community for singing in the world. I'm not just saying that... I did not trade him a free lesson to say that. I will probably go check Nick out this Sunday night at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Seattle, just a few blocks from my new studio.

While I didn't ask you to give me a shout-out, I will give you a rep. point for that!

:D

• Administrator

... oh, I see I got another rep. point. I was at 29 for a long time... I have to work hard for 'em around here... I have to sing like Ian Gillan tunes and stuff to get a rep. point, but all Bob has to do is talk about top-down, falsetto sirens... NOT FAIR.

jk

• TMV World Legacy Member

I was kidding. Your lessons are valuable and you would be a fool to give them away for free. Dude there is some german guy on your Facebook page shouting your praises right now!! http://www.facebook.com/TheVocalistStudio/posts/137218529751573?notif_t=share_reply

Hey Robert, just do like I do. Buy your rep points in bulk at Walmart. :lol:

Good stuff Nick.

One Vision - reminded me of some Queen song-styling, and I don't mean it because of the song title. Nice, clean voice and a sense of the dramatic presentation. Hooks-a-plenty.

Damaged Soul - Voice reminded me of Johnny Reznik from the Goo Goo Dolls. But the drums and the drive made me think of Motley Crue. Which is interesting because Tommy Lee likes hip hop and dj'ing at various events when he is not on tour. Some high and tight articulation similar to Mike Reno from Loverboy. Well done.

Next Life would not play for me but then, I get mixed results on reverbnation, no doubt, due to the geriatric age of my computer. I have to use the handcrank in back to start it up.

Of the two I could hear, so far, my fave at the moment is Damaged Soul. Excellent flow.

I'll try Next life again at another time and see if it plays for me.

Tried it again and this time, I could hear Next Life. Nice dance club song. It will probably make you plenty of money, especially in copyright least if it is used in clubs.

But my fave is still Damaged Soul. Of the three, it's the most "rock," and I am partial to rock.

But Next Life is the easiest to dance to, so keep that one, too.

You've got some solid chops and you need to be licensing and releasing your stuff. Like, now. Pick Robert's brain for legal and mangament stuff.

• Administrator

Wow Keith, that sounds great! I can't wait to meet you over skype and really help you. I know how much you want this... not to worry brosef, we'll get your game on so you have lots to show the guys here at this forum.

• Administrator

Tried it again and this time, I could hear Next Life. Nice dance club song. It will probably make you plenty of money, especially in copyright least if it is used in clubs.

But my fave is still Damaged Soul. Of the three, it's the most "rock," and I am partial to rock.

You've got some solid chops and you need to be licensing and releasing your stuff. Like, now. Pick Robert's brain for legal and mangament stuff.

I do have a great entertainment attorney in WA that I have used for years that I can refer you to for IP issues.

Ron! Thanks for the breakdown. Most people don't go through that so i really appreciate it. I will talk to Robert about licensing. Do any of you guys use Taxi?

• Administrator

Nick,

We also have a social networking site (the "Main Site"). I sent an invitation to you to join via your private email address.

Home to Welcome you soon !!! :cool:

Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Nick,

We also have a social networking site (the "Main Site"). I sent an invitation to you to join via your private email address.

Home to Welcome you soon !!! :cool:

Regards,

Adolph

Cool! Just joined.

Hey Nick, we're having some amazing summers in Texas, too. 18 days of over 100 degrees F, and we can expect more.

Although we are expecting a cool wave that should bring highs down to 100 F.