The "Clicking Jaw"

Rate this topic

Elrathion

Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone else experienced serious issues with their jaw before in terms of having a hard time to open it, keep it open and or having clicking when using the jaw for elongated periods of time?

I was wondering maybe others have experienced the same thing one way or another and have found some remidies for it (doctors, therapies, ways of opening, ...)

Share your experiences please ,>

(If not I'll just have to learn to live with this anoying stuff ;>)

i have a jaw that used to lock up very often.. this was also because I've been speaking without opening my mouth too much all my life. It's much better now, but it does take a lot of conscious effort to keep the mouth open a lot more than what seems 'natural' while singing or speaking.. But at no point should it be forced.. if the jaw locks it can get VERY painful and u may need a doc to set it right.

hope this helps

My jaw used to lock all the time when jawning and I mubled alot but that was it. I kind of learned myself to not open too much to not have a lot of discomfort, but ever since I've been getting more serious with my training and trying to unlock that extra puzzlepiece the joy started.

Click'i' di Click. It's downright anoying that whenever I have to keep my jaw open for an extended period of time, whether it's singing or at a dentist office, that I have serious trouble, pain, or clicking. I know a lot of people struggle w this. Especially a lot of Europeans are not used to open their jaws much (like me), and when learning to sing this is a real hurdle to overcome.

I'm hoping to find more then live with it :^>

Mine clicks on the right side but only when I am eating, sometimes. I have not ever noticed it when I am singing. Maybe that's why I can live with it. Plus, I have a high tolerance for discomfort and pain. But it's more annoying than anything else.

So, I avoid TMJ while singing by not eating while I am singing.

:cool:

Mine clicks on the right side but only when I am eating, sometimes. I have not ever noticed it when I am singing. Maybe that's why I can live with it. Plus, I have a high tolerance for discomfort and pain. But it's more annoying than anything else.

So, I avoid TMJ while singing by not eating while I am singing.

:cool:

Ow yeah good advice. Not to eat when singing aria's! Why didn't I think of that ;>