Bridging exercise

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

Here is a clip of 2 bridging exercises that I do. I made it up recently but guess it's just an accumulation of other exercises really. It's by no means perfect but I was looking for 1. comments on the actual exercise for bridging/mixing purposes 2. comments on vocally how i'm doing, I know there are some rough parts but constructive criticism is what i'm looking for.

https://www.box.com/s/b6b85c351cbb11a8a8bd

The reasons behind the parts of the exercise are. The lip roll to free up any STRAIN and put the tension in the right place. the hum to feel the resonance (especially getting higher and feeling it behind the nose) and the 'me' to put the sound into a more useful vowel. and the very end exercise is all of that put together (hopefully!!)

I look forward to your responses :D

I personally liked the last exercise the most, but I feel that they are all performed a little to fast to really get the coordination down to fully "bridge" correctly.

I personally like to take it slow and feel how each pitch is similar, but different from the pitches that lie directly above or below it. Just try to keep everything even and only modify the vowel. The changes at the level of the larynx should be very subtle. One more thing your "mi" sounds a little constricted. I would suggest adding a little more space to it and rounding the lips.

Hey guys,

Here is a clip of 2 bridging exercises that I do. I made it up recently but guess it's just an accumulation of other exercises really. It's by no means perfect but I was looking for 1. comments on the actual exercise for bridging/mixing purposes 2. comments on vocally how i'm doing, I know there are some rough parts but constructive criticism is what i'm looking for.

https://www.box.com/s/b6b85c351cbb11a8a8bd

The reasons behind the parts of the exercise are. The lip roll to free up any STRAIN and put the tension in the right place. the hum to feel the resonance (especially getting higher and feeling it behind the nose) and the 'me' to put the sound into a more useful vowel. and the very end exercise is all of that put together (hopefully!!)

I look forward to your responses :D

Hey Gina thanks for posting this, I'm going to use this recording to practice with!