Before You Accuse Me (cover)

Rate this topic

Sorry I missed this one. I like it.

I didn't hear anything off as far as vocal technique.

When it comes to the blues the only advice I would be able to give is feel what you are singing.

Think back to how you felt when you were being accoused of something by someone who was hiding things from you. Use that emotion to drive the song.

That's just general advice. I did not hear anything missing in this song. Great Job.

Thanks. As far as the feeling in the song, I was pretty much singing this closer to Claptons version so stuck (I think) fairly close. I don't have the acoustic version which allows a bit more feel but this version (Clapton's) has a sort of upbeat rhythm. I went with that :)

I agree, Tommy. You sounded like the Clapton version, for the feel of it. Though your voice is brighter and more focused than his is, if that makes sense.

Definitely your style. Blues allows rubato and jazzy feeling and it sounds like you are right in the pocket, so to speak.

I had to do it a few times....stupid me :D I couldn't find it....I just couldn't get the phrasing or the lyrics to fit the progression. I was having a hell of a time until I played the original and realized I had been trying to sing the slower Clapton unplugged version (acoustic) to this original. DUH!! :lol:

:D I aim to entertain! Always hopeful it workout

Thanks Olem.

I've been waiting to hear your latest offering but I'm at work for another hour then a 90 minute drive home. I can't get Box.com at work.

Tommy - sounds really good. You've got the blues attitude and tone down really well. It's always to hear that - When I listen I can almost smell the nigotine from the cigarette on clapton's headstock!

Tommy - sounds really good. You've got the blues attitude and tone down really well. It's always to hear that - When I listen I can almost smell the nigotine from the cigarette on clapton's headstock!

Well now that makes it all worth while :) Thanks, I truly appreciate it :)