My Heart Will Go On - Tribute to my dog & best friend - Elena

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys.

Yesterday was the second year anniversary of my dog and best friend, B.D. passing away.

I made a video of "My heart Will Go On" in memory of her last year. I decided to redo it for her two days ago because my singing style has changed. I thought I would post both here for comparison.

Here is the new one in head voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHlWBcWtzzw

Here is last years version in chest voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP4uw9yvQ70

I still like them both. My next goal is to seamlessly go between chest and head voice.

www.elenahouseonline.com

Wow, that's huge difference in voice sound. You improved a lot. One thing i'd say, though it's fine anyway, i understand, that you sing classic so and you were taught to sing high notes(wherEver you are; you Open the door; You are here, there is nothing i fear, and i know that my heart will go on, will stay forever this way you are safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on) this way, but, if you can, it would sound better if you sing them in non-classical style, it has more ringing sound and, in my opinion, sounds stronger, though i heared, that a classicaly-trained female singer can't sing that way, because it's completely different technique.

Gonna conquer the world ]:-|

AWESOME, Elena !!!

Could you kindly upload this to the Main Site ?

~Your FRIEND~

Adolph

:cool:

Of course I will Adolph.

This video was done last minute. I have a really cool project I'm working on. Can't wait for you to hear it.

~Elena~

www.elenahouseonline.com

If you use a compressor, adjust the ratio a bit - you are clipping the mic pretty good on the higher notes cause you seem to be a little ball of power. You can also change the angle at which your voice hits the mic by movin your head to the side - though I'm not sure it would make a difference in your case cause you are hitting it so hard. So a compressor / limiter would prolly be your best bet. If you want, you can email me the raw (no effects) vocals and backing track (separately of course) and I can try to show you what I mean. Depends on how clipped the mic really is. My email is keith_goehner@yahoo.com. And as usual, your singing is superb'

www.drop-head.com

If you use a compressor, adjust the ratio a bit - you are clipping the mic pretty good on the higher notes cause you seem to be a little ball of power. You can also change the angle at which your voice hits the mic by movin your head to the side - though I'm not sure it would make a difference in your case cause you are hitting it so hard. So a compressor / limiter would prolly be your best bet. If you want, you can email me the raw (no effects) vocals and backing track (separately of course) and I can try to show you what I mean. Depends on how clipped the mic really is. My email is keith_goehner@yahoo.com. And as usual, your singing is superb'

Thanks for the advice and offer Keith! My classical coach wants me to use minimal software intervention but Youtube has its own compressors when you upload so it does become a guessing game.

Sorry, I don't know what "clipping the mic" means. I know I always have a challenge with the high notes buzzing in the speakers that I have to adjust for. What is the best way to not loose the strength of a note but to stop the buzzing?

Thanks.

~Elena~

www.elenahouseonline.com

Elena - Lovely voice. Lovely gentle approach to technique. I can't imagine you ever causing speakers to buzz. If you were over-singing your high notes I would suggest you pull back. But you don't appear to be over-singing at all. Wish you had a problem I could help with, but you don't. I look forward to hearing more from you.

[b]Renee Grant-Williams[/b]

http://www.CyberVoiceStudio.com

[i][b]"Shut Up And Sing"[/i][/b]