Felipe Carvalho - Beautiful Day (U2 Cover)

A special song that I did for a very special person (persons now).

Had a great time doing this one, spoted a few mistakes around but I liked how it sounds and decided to keep the take. Hope you guys like it!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11815528&q=hi

Tnx in advance for everyone who can listen, and even more tnx for those who can drop a few lines about it, its been really helpfull. :)

Cheers!

• TMV World Legacy Member

My two favorite U2 songs are this one and their version of the Christmas tune "Baby Please Come Home"

Excellent job Felipe, you did it justice, I liked it very much.

Love the higher stuff, you get the same little resonance and buzz in the same places as Bono does. I am guessing you are some kind of tenor since your low notes are pretty weak (the opposite of me) . Overall though, I love this song and really enjoyed listening to it. It has prompted me to throw some U2 into my mp2 player. Thanks for posting it!

www.drop-head.com

One of the best songs that U2 has written in a long time. I was bit suprised by the keyboard heavy arrangement in this. Then, again, remembering U2 when they first started, the wall of sound came from the Edge, who played a lot of sus2 and sus4 chords to get that open, ringy sound, something like bagpipe music on a guitar.

And then I thought how unique it is to have a south american singing a song by an irish man singing in an american accent. Truly, an international delight. Hats off to you for excellent articulation.

Good stuff, Felipe. Like Keith, I simply enjoyed it.

Tnx a lot for the kind words :)

@ Tommy, one of my favorites too!

@ Keith tnx man! Not really a tenor, I dont have 10% of the skill it takes :P. About the low notes, my voice is not really strong down low, but this song is not sooo low, so it must be a technical problem of some sort. Poor choice of dinamics maybe. Tnx for the detailed review!

@ ronws U2 is such a wonderfull band... Bono interpretation lines are so thick and full of details, and yet he does not rely only on strong dinamics to deliver... The man is a monster. And The Edge, although some guitar players may disagree with me, in my opinion is also on a class of his own. Simple stuff yes, but it sounds simply perfect :).

Sounds great, Felipe! I love U2 as well so I noticed a different pronunciation in the word "beautiful", but this is not a critique. This was joy to listen to.

I noticed a different pronunciation in the word "beautiful", but this is not a critique.

I think this may be Felipe's accent (Brazil?). Something I think he does a good job of imo, as far as singing songs in English.

Tnx tnx tnx a lot for your words guys!

Hey, about my accent, glad you guys think it does not get in the way, and I know I will never eliminate it, but could you help me with "beautifull"?

I hear something strange with it too, I just dont understand what the problem is lol! What is the catch?

Tnx again!

Loved it Felipe! You asked whats up with Beautiful. Only because you ask. You are pronouncing Beau-tee-ful instead of Beau-tih-ful. Not a critique you were wonderful.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Felipe,

FANTASTIC JOB MAN!!!!

Bro...I really felt this! (please...if you broke this shit down in your overly zen-like yet MECHANICAL ENGINEERING-Y like mode...please don't tell me :) ) I felt it and I want the illusion to prevail :P

As far as the "beautiful" part...that's easy: you're singing a somewhat pure ee on the beaut-(i)-ful. It should be a short I(as in sit) and unaccented. Sounds fine, but probably a hard aural grab if not a native english speaker.

Great job again man!