Queen cover and Red Circuit 'Live' from Progpower Festival in Atlanta

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi All,

This Queen cover version was spontaneously done at a piano bar in germany way back in 2003.

https://www.queenfcg.de/en/category/42-chity-somapala.htm

These are 2 videos from the Progpower USA Festival in Atlanta-Georgia September last year.

(Homeland)

(Absinth)

Thank you

Chity

I only listened to the first one, but I LOVE what I'm hearing! Your voice is very tender, heartfelt, and beautiful here. I think I may need a change of pants. Normally I don't like really raspy singing in this kind of music, but you make it work. Hope to hear more of you!

The queen link crasked on me but the youtube worked.

Really good stuff. Homeland is anthemic, with a wide, easy chorus for sing-along from the audience. Absinth is more technically demanding and you seem at home with both.

I have to know, is the h in your name silent? In american english, a pronunciation of it, as written, would be problematic in various social circles.

I only listened to the first one, but I LOVE what I'm hearing! Your voice is very tender, heartfelt, and beautiful here. I think I may need a change of pants. Normally I don't like really raspy singing in this kind of music, but you make it work. Hope to hear more of you!

Thank you tyson, I try my best to sing from the bottom of my heart all of the time:) I will upload more songs sooner or later ok?

The queen link crasked on me but the youtube worked.

Really good stuff. Homeland is anthemic, with a wide, easy chorus for sing-along from the audience. Absinth is more technically demanding and you seem at home with both.

I have to know, is the h in your name silent? In american english, a pronunciation of it, as written, would be problematic in various social circles.

Hey Ron,

Thank you very much for listening to it, the H in my name is pronounced like CHANCE:)

Thanks for the clarification.

Anyway good stuff and I look forward to hearing more. You've got all your chops down tight. And you do the song in front crowds of people that are just there to have a good time. Like a pro.

Thanks for the clarification.

Anyway good stuff and I look forward to hearing more. You've got all your chops down tight. And you do the song in front crowds of people that are just there to have a good time. Like a pro.

Thanks ron:)

• Administrator

Check out Chity's profile page on the TMV World Main site (the "Social Homepage"), AND navigate to his profile page to view his videos which he submitted this date >>

http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/ChitralChitySomapala

AWESOME vocals and performances !!!

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

I was going to say, Adolph, he should be the next highlighted artist in the main site. He got the skills, a proven entertainer, comfortable in front of a crowd. A singer. A performer.

And I will pronounce your name, in my own mind, as chee-trahl. Your nickname pronounced in my language and dialect (american english, Texas) would sound like profanity and I cannot afford that, right now, or ever, really.

But welcome to the forum and keep us updated on your performances. You are already what others here aspire to be.

• Administrator

ronws wrote :

I was going to say, Adolph, he should be the next highlighted artist in the main site. He got the skills, a proven entertainer, comfortable in front of a crowd. A singer. A performer.

We think alike, Ron. That was my plan. I didn't expect so many videos when I wrote Chity, but hey, it was so cool that he did so.... The problem is that I can't decide which video to SPOTLIGHT ??? Of course, the Spotlight video must be live, in the studio, etc., etc. (No "slideshows", "stills", etc.)

Kindly keep in mind that the input from the membership is ALWAYS Welcome ! Thoughts ??? :cool:

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"