hallelujah

• TMV World Legacy Member

This seems to be a right of passage for male singers, so here's my go.

This is straight up, one take in a single pass of guitar and vocal with just a limiter added for volume.

It's the first time I've posted something this raw, hopefully it's a reasonable effort.

Tips for improvement an general comments are welcome.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10813900/hallelujah.mp3

I think it was a good job. You maintained a consistent tonality even as you ascended notes. Many people sound as if they have two voices. You have one voice. And it was on pitch, too.

Nice job...a little short but nice for what you gave us :) Good job on the guitar too. If I had one thing to critique it would be that on this song you seem to be cutting a few words before they end and I feel it would have helped the flow and emotion of the song if you strengthened those words.

" I heard there was a secret Cord, that David played and it pleased the Lord." Your cutting Chord down to chor and Lord down to Lor. So the phrase, imo, is losing strength. This is because it isn't a matter of just leaving out the "D" at the end of the word to soften it but you seem to be shortening the word which for me, is cutting the note too abruptly and not letting it float (for lack of a better visual :))

Overall good job though

Just note, this is only a personal opinion, not a singing instruction :) In my last recording I worked on a similar thing because I tend to cut words at the beginning of phrases.

Ron, Tommy, Keith,

Thanks for the tips.

I do tend to slur words a little and I notice when I do do I also slide off pitch, both at the start and end of words.

I'l keep working a post a longer version.

Izzle, I'd delighted to hear any tips you can offer to progress faster!