TMW Forum song - make your contribution!!!

Rate this topic

Jens

I surely do my best to be included in the final edition:) I wanted to record it today, but due to the lack of backing track I've recorded some king diamondish falsettos instead:) You can check it out in the review and critique thread. If Marcus uploads the track again, I'll give it a try next week. Rock on!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to hearing your addition to the song! The backtrack with Michele's vocals added to the choir still seem to work, not updated in the first two posts though so a bit harder to find. I'll ask Jens to post it in the first message, but here you are:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/19924068/Marcus___Jens_-_TMV_forum_song_backtrack_2.mp3

Sorry guys, been really busy (and I gave up in irritation over technical probs). This is the best sound I can get, Im pretty sure its unusable though...

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20490610/suck.wav

Really great work Matt! I love your voice, it really suits the song. I don't have a problem with the sound quality at all - though I would have liked the clip to be from the very start of the song so I didn't have to sync it manually. No worries though, I think I got it in the right place.

Didn't have so much time to work with the reverb and compressor, but I wanted to upload it as fast as I could. When we get all contributions I'll see if I can tweak the effects a bit more on all the tracks.

I really hope this thread won't die on us! People - feel free to add new lyrics and make your contributions! Let's see this thing through together!

Again - thanks Matt and thanks Michele for your contributions! You truly are amazing! Here's the new backtrack with your vocals added!

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20559866/TMV_Forum_Song_new_backtrack_1.mp3

• Administrator

Hey guys... I was wondering how it been going! I have to install the new pro tools to my home studio and then I will lay down a verse, it will be Epic. Im totally busy fellas, sorry I couldnt participate in this thus far... but I have put the song all over the internet. I like the original song, it seems to suffice...

• 10 months later...

Jens sent me the song a long time ago, I forgot to comment on it.

I think it's awesome and really, really catchy. You guys have very powerful voices. Jens, you said insane!!

Robert thinks SLS is gay, hahaha.

• 2 years later...

Thanks MDEW, although this is very old stuff by now. It's only me and Jens on that thing being re-uploaded. I think we only got two contributions from the members here, so this project was never finnished. The version that was uploaded now by Gilad was the first version of the song that we posted so people could hear the whole idea of the song.

I feel like we've posted a hundred songs we've done together... We sang in the same band way back when, and we are still writing music but now we don't live in the same country anymore so it's sadly not as frequent.

Thanks a lot! A lot of people told us we sounded so similar when we were singing, but nowadays I think we have pretty different approaches to singing. If you really wanna listen to some old stuff this thing was written and recorded in 2011 I think, so still quite a while ago:

http://speedy.sh/yq8nx/Marcus-Jens-Ain-t-No-Fairytale.mp3

Last time Jens was here we were recording some stuff for his vocal demo, some of those are posted in the critique section, and I have a few songs up around the forum with only me singing as well. We don't have so much recent recordings of us together.

We have some material in the writing though, might post that project when we can finally finnish it (maybe next year). But hey - thanks a lot for the nice words! Makes me wanna write some more songs with my old friend :D

:) Thanks. Saved it to my computer. You two have some pretty cool screams. I have never been able to do that,

Too laid back. Plus I've never been on a rollercoaster or been attacked by an axe wielding maniac so I've never had to scream.

Haha, thanks ron :) Not so easy to just release everything you write. But I have an upcoming demo with a band where I live now in Tampere, Finland, and that thing might actually be released further on. We're searching for a bass player, and the band is pretty serious and in my opinion really good too. I'll probably post something from it here on the forum when it's done!

My last season with those shows was 2011, and then I met this finnish girl you know...

Haha, thanks ron :) Not so easy to just release everything you write. But I have an upcoming demo with a band where I live now in Tampere, Finland, and that thing might actually be released further on. We're searching for a bass player, and the band is pretty serious and in my opinion really good too. I'll probably post something from it here on the forum when it's done!

My last season with those shows was 2011, and then I met this finnish girl you know...

Ah, I see. Finnish girls can have that affect ....

Good luck to you.

Remember us small guys when you are hugely famous and have a driver to take you to the limo that the other driver drives.

:D

It's fun you like it, but this song and project has since looong been dead and wont be started up again. It was then, and there, but people wasnt intrested enough...

I personaly view this as à big fail since i though many would think it would be fun and join but instead most was" nah not My Style ect"

It actualy took me and Marcus alot of work with this, and we are not wasting any more juice on this anymore

Cheers :)