A little bit different

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey Gang, I thought I would share one of Gabe’s bands newest originals. They have been releasing one of their originals every time they reach a new milestone on facebook. They recorded this song a couple of months ago in my garage with an Apple lap top and a single mic (a MKV I believe). Gabe mentioned that they forgot they had a big overhead fan on and he can hear his voice chopping. They recorded each part separately of course. Jeremy is the lead guitarist and did the recording and mixing. They are headed into the studio in September to capture the songs for real. Anyhow, here is something a little different.

Steve

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151346962596562

Like the riff, love the solo, and Gabe sounds badass as always. Hearing a lot of late 80's/early 90's Soundgarden in there. Studio version should be rockin as well....your son and his buddies are doing the right thing.

Thanks fellas for the nice words, I know the band loves the feel of Soundgarden. They are so young and new at this, I think they are still trying to figure out what their band sound is. Lots of influences.

VocalistDad,

Gabe has a MONSTER voice(which I'm sure he knows :) ) and he should keep the faith no matter how long/hard the road is. I've been doing this stuff forever it seems(both original and working/dance band stuff) and he is the real deal(I wish I had his voice when I was in my 20's :) !) I hope it all works out for him!

If you don't mind me asking, how old is Gabe?

Analog,

Gabe is going to be 22 this next month. I will share your nice comments with him. When I mention the forum and the kind words, he says “Aw, that’s nice” and it is sincere. I wish he would visit the forum but he doesn’t spend much time on the computer. I think for the band, he knows it is a necessary evil.

Steve

Very nice, the voice certainly is a killer. I liked it very much. They are not as tight as a band yet, at least not on this song, but that will come with practise.