VOICE BREAKING AFTER PRACTICE ?

Rate this topic

marcrockon

here is the story. I have A gig next sunday. Ive been practicing with my band for the past week. Everyday..

My voice is starting too crackle when i speak.. Can that affect my performance ? should i drink or eat something to stop it from doing that ? im getting quite nervous here. We still have one jam before the show and I really wanna practice some of the songs were gonna play.

I would think that if the gig is that important then rest would be the first thing you should consider. You say you want to get one more jam in and practice some more and I truly understand that. But you should also consider that you can rest and have less practice and a more show or a decent sow...able to sing. Or have a good practice and a crappy show, unable to sing for lack of rest and resulting in damage, for at least the night of the performance.

omg you should not speak lighter and at a higher pitch actualy the opposite! light andbright for speech is never good.

Women are highly overrepresantative when it come to vocal damage, why is that? It's because they speak at a higher pitch, wich makes the folds vibrate faster than their male counterpart. It's actualy alot less "dangerous" to speak slightly lower with good support but to keep t unforced.

An average woman teacher's folds vibrate around a million times more than a males vocalfolds each day just a fun fact :)

And man dont practice everyday give yourself some slack, you can actualy overpractice and wear yourself out...