"An Attempt to Tip The Scales" Cover, with acoustic guitar

• TMV World Legacy Member

I'm becoming a lot more confident with my voice now.

I've uploaded a couple takes. Playing with different vocal deliveries, trying to find a style that suits me the best and sounds the best. This is the most recent one and in my opinion the best sounding one (with regards to both the vocal delivery and the acoustic guitar).

Also: my voice started cracking a bit during a beginning, sorry about that.

Can't hear you well enough. It is also a good idea to nail one instrument at a time. Find backing tracks to songs you want to sing , and record yourself singin to them. You are spending too much concentration on playing guitar and singing. This is apparent because of the wild shifts in tempo .

www.drop-head.com

Can't hear you well enough. It is also a good idea to nail one instrument at a time. Find backing tracks to songs you want to sing , and record yourself singin to them. You are spending too much concentration on playing guitar and singing. This is apparent because of the wild shifts in tempo .

Listen to the original song

Do the "wild shifts in tempo" correspond to the ones in the song? Or are they seperate from that?

The version you posted did not change tempo. Also, you are singing it an octave too low (not sure if you wanted too or not) If you are going to sing and play at the same time, I suggest a metronome to help with the tempo.

www.drop-head.com

Singing it an octave lower was on purpose, to help it fit in better with my vocal range. But I will be taking your advice and trying to play with a metronome. Thanks.