POP-Song toooo low, what should I do? I LIKE this song

Rate this topic

Anishta

Hi, I'm a girl and I wanna do a cover of Someday's song I Want You Right Now.

Somehow it seems too low to sing for me. Especially the verses :/

I play a little guitar. Should I change the chords?

Which chords should I try?

this is the song

love, anishta

That's pretty low for me, and I'm a guy (tenor). If it were me I'd transpose it from A to D - that's up a fourth, the lowest note being F#3, a comfortable note for me. The Key of D is a great guitar key even without a capo - a nice open chord. It depends how comfortable that lowest note would be for you. If F#3 is still too low, you could use the capo with the open D chord fingering, and just move it up wherever you need it. I'm afraid if you take the original A fingering up with a capo it would get too high on the guitar making it sound weird.

I have re-keyed songs higher, to suit my voice. Either re-write the chords or capo up. I did that with "Peace, Love, and Understanding." It is written in the Key of G and performed that way by the original songwriter, Nick Lowe, as a slow hippie ballad, and in the same key as a new wave uptempo by Elvis Costello. It's too low for me. I capo up two frets and do it in the key of A.

"Don't stop Believing" was a problem for me until I raised it one step higher and learned what I was doing wrong. Now, I could probably lower to the original key and do it well enough, if I cared to do so.