Type O Negative Cover - Love You To Death

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is a cover a did a while back in tribute to one of my (slain) vocal heroes.

I think it's important for people to be focusing on the low and middle parts of their voice instead of high screams always so this is one I enjoyed singing. The distorted bass was also fun as hell to play.

Dougie

Nice job! I like this type of low rock vocal, and this personally is my favorite type O negative song. You nailed it.

I agree, too much head voice falsetto attention in the singing communities.

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. I hope to hear some more people having a go at Type O for working those uber lows. October Rust is a spellbinding album with some of the strongest lows I have heard.

If you guys look on youtube, you'll find some songs by my band Hemina also!

http://www.youtube.com/heminaofficial

I can sing really low, but my goal is extending my range upward at this point- along with getting a more powerful / chestier tone up past A4. Before I started learning to sing, I wrote an enitre CD worth of music in my passagio region of my voice. Translated freely, I could not sing the entire set without losing my voice. A little trivia for ya lol.

www.drop-head.com

Holy Toledo. I am blown away. Covering Type O Negative songs is a deceptively challenging task, and you pulled it off amazingly. Absolutely top notch.

I've been a huge Type O Negative fan for many years, and Pete's death was so unexpected and devastating. I thought for sure it was another of his infamous pranks, but sadly, it wasn't.

"October Rust is a spellbinding album with some of the strongest lows I have heard."

Indeed. One of the most atmospheric albums ever. Just brilliant all around. And my God, the lows in "Haunted". I think they could measure on the Richter scale.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Hey Keith,

I don't know if I have the session file for it anymore. I record all my own backings as if I were recording an actual cover.

Thanks, Validar. I love trying to channel some of the dark Steele energy. His voice though I can definitely feel is a lot deeper than mine and I have to lower the larynx a lot to get these sounds.

Dougie