Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah - Cover

Rate this topic

Ok...this just isn't right!!:D This seems to be a popular song that crosses genre's and it gets posted often. Usually to some decent comments. When I posted my version it drifted off the first page before one person commented and has since disappeared and died a lonely death....what's up with that? Was it that bad? :o

:lol: Just kidding....no biggie.

I liked your version. I know English probably isn't your first language and that is why the pronunciation was bad. But other than that it wasn't bad. Nice job.

thanks guys, you're autarchies! A Land Rover full of music sheet! A Mercedes with lots of pianos.

More proof that english is not your first language. ;)

I tried opening the page but it won't let me without upgrading my browser and Frankenstein doesn't have enough memoty for the newest Windows version. So, I'll just have to remember the times you used a file service I could get to with my old computer.

Why? I just tried to translate a brazilian joke from Coxinha, a humor guy from Brasil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yc20c_uGhY

Come on man, Wich browser do you use? Is it Firefox? I have no problems with Firefox here. I avoid post my files in 4shared because they deleted a song I uploaded there and said that I was against copyright and all that stuff. The little detail is that It was my song, MY OWN SONG!! And for some reason I just can't upload nothing in 4shared this moment and they are earning money with my files because of their publicity. Wich free host is ok with your computer?

Do you mean the Heavy Metal band Hibria, Keith? I didn't know that band until 4 minutes a go when I googled it. Brasil has a lot of bands in that style but they are most know in stranger than in our country. Do you know Sepultura, Angra?

I still don't understand the joke.

My computer, which I have named Frankenstein, was built out of old parts that were a few years old, back in 2005, when the computer was built. Using Windows XP from that year. 40G hard drive that has since been partitioned to cordon off a bad sector. Pentium II processor, which was almost state-of-the-art, back then. Standard, run-of-the-mill sound card. It still has a 3.5 " floppy drive in it. The browser is IE, that came with the edition of XP that I have. Essentially, I am computing with a museum piece, as it were.

If I could swing the 300 USD, I could go to Walmart and get a rig that is 10 times as huge in memory and speed.

But others tell me I should invest in singing lessons. So, maybe new tech has to wait.

The sites that work for me are box dot com and soundcloud. Of course, they are simpler sites with less "content" but they work for me.

But I have heard you sing before. You are the south american Greg Lake. For you sound just like Lake. Most especially when you covered "Court of the Crimson King."

I agree with Keith. A great sound for your voice. Good legato. Almost to the point where the consonants are greatly subdued, if not buried, which is maybe an artifact of post-recording editing. Which is an aesthetic choice. Most of us have heard the Buckley version, which is more trebly in its tonal quality.

Anyway, I really liked your version. Good stuff. Nothing technical I can think of. And your brasilian accent is endearing, rather than a hindrance, at least in my sense of aesthetics.