Voice stopping while ascending scale

Rate this topic

dk1021

A problem that I've been having lately is that it feels like my voice hits a wall and just closes when I hit a certain note on a scale (what note it was escapes me atm, but it's fairly into head voice), but no air comes out and it feels like my vocal cords are shut together. I've tried to lighten my voice, but i just hit that wall. If I try to put some more air into it, a sound eventually squeaks out, but the volumes much louder.

Any help?

Post a clip if you can. My voice used to do that around A4 - If I didn't engage enough support. Now, I know what to expect and know what I should be feeling, and it kinda all just comes together. Maybe support is your wall. But, it is best to post a clip of that happeneing.

I just looked up Cuperto. That is the first time I came across this term. Have you had success with this before and only now having problems, or have you always had problems doing this.

And could someone go over the propper way to get started doing this exorcise?

It seems like anything else with the voice until you get propper coordination with the vocal process eventually you will hit a wall.