Lost the ability to sing high notes out of the blue!

Rate this topic

Ozone

So there I was watching the TV and I felt like vocalizing a bit. But when doing that I noticed that I've lost my ability to sing high notes! Before I could sing a C5 easily, but now when I attempt to hit any high note I just slip into this weird register. It "feels" like falsetto but doesn't have that airy sound. Is it possible to lose your voice out of the blue, without feeling any pain of discomfort? I haven't really warmed up today, but I've done some light vocalizing a couple of hours ago. What's going on?! I just had a warm cup of green tea with honey and after that I could sing an C5 very quietly without slipping into that weird falsetto-esque register. Should I go see a doctor or something?

Thanks

Yeah, thanks guys, it was actually a false alarm, I got my voice back in about 15-30 minutes after drinking a ton of water and doing those high volume, high pitch shouts a little. I did "lose" it again later that evening but the next morning it was all good. I guess it was just my vocal folds being lazy.