A good tone for singing

Rate this topic

Gina Ellen Vocalist

This is actually very helpful to me. I had been struggling with the fact that when I produced what felt like big full resonance, it was a little harsh and not as pleasing. A middle ground tone sounded better. Now I realize I wasn't just imagining that.

I found the post interesting and I learned a little something about "pressed" tone. I never knew what exactly was happening there. That makes sense and will be helpful in making adjustments. Usually once I know how something works I start to figure ways to manipulate it. :)

I generally don't sing songs high enough to do this, but that doesn't stop me from singing them as a workout :)

With that in mind it is always good to know how to get around a problem. It only leads to better inroads and freedoms in what I do sing. Thanks Bob

thanks for your comments guys, That's the next step ..... shaping the vocal tract for optimum resonance/different resonance. I wanted to stick with the vocal folds for this post, perhaps I should have named it something different.

I am doing the posts in order of things that I teach. Glad it was helpful :D

Good article, Gina. And what I have learned, over and over again, what others may call shaping the tract, is vowel usage. If I am singing a song and it sounds a bit off or not bright enough, I give myself permission to hold that note and change the vowel sound until it tunes up. So, the next time the chorus comes around, I can try it better in tune. And I think vowel usage may vary from person to person, as well.