Exercise

Rate this topic

Carney87

Hello guys today the topic is very authentic and we discuss about the exercise/I'm 6 feet and weight about 200 pound . I'm trying to lose some pounds overall so I can thin out my thighs. I've already limited my junk food intake. I'm an extremely picky eater, so I don't eat any fruits, vegetables, and the majority of meats/

Hi Carney: I posted a blog in TMV on weight-training for singers.

http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profiles/blogs/weights-amp-measures

Jeannie Deva also has one on exercise tips generally.

You might like my new book, "Everyday Voice Care" (http://ow.ly/dzfOF) which has a full chapter on food and another on exercise -- not weight-loss specifically, but things to keep in mind to treat your voice well when making choices in these other lifestyle areas.

cheers -- Joanna

I'm 6 ' 6 ", around 225, maybe a little less.

You will not lose weight if you are not eating vegetables. You can eat meat, just eat leaner meat. Fish is the leanest. Next is chicken, but eat it roasted or baked, never fried. Turkey is a good substitute.

You can eat beef and here's the rule of thumb. Eat lean beef. How do you choose? Any cut of steak or roast that has either "loin" or "round" in the name. Those are the leanest cuts, and you can cut the minimal fat off from that. Also, with lean steak, marinate it first, to help soften the tissue before cooking. And learn to cook it a little rare. That is, take it off the fire when you still see pink. It will finish cooking on a plate on the counter.

Pork is the fattest because pork meat is marbled with fat and there's no way to get it all out.

Also, eat only what you need to kill hunger, rather than feel "full."

In the morning, about 4 am, I have 3 or 4 pieces of toast. I use Brummels and Brown spread. It is made from yogurt but tastes like butter. And sugar-free jam or preserves.

For lunch, I may have two single serving containers of yogurt with fruit bits in them. Maybe a serving of sugar free jello.

Dinner might be any kind of meat and a vegetable. Plenty of times, I don't feel like cooking a vegetable. So, a salad of leafy greens, some diced fresh tomato, and my one culinary sin, low fat ranch-style dressing made out of yogurt.

Stay from chips, even "diet" chips. That is as big a lie as is "lean" pork. Best to eat whole wheat crackers for a snack. Stay away from cookies. Eat fruit, instead. It is just as filling and will hydrate you much better.

It's only as difficult as you make it. Simply make the choice to eat healthier. You made a choice that you want to sing. To sing better, to whatever it is you decide to do. Key words being "you decide."

At my height, I look thin. So, essentially, my 225 lbs is pretty much solid muscle, without having to workout a lot. Just watch what you eat and how much of it. If you want to eat a lot, eat a lot of vegetables. You can get full with retaining it, like fats.

Remember this. If you eat fat, the body stores the fat.

• 3 months later...

Hi Carney,

To lose and maintain your weight break your meals in 5/6 small meals including snacks and prefer raw food over processed food. Drink more water than routine, start green tea and avoid beverages, soda and even diet soda. Do not eat shortly before going to bed and have enough sleep daily.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys today the topic is very authentic and we discuss about the exercise/I'm 6 feet and weight about 200 pound . I'm trying to lose some pounds overall so I can thin out my thighs. I've already limited my junk food intake. I'm an extremely picky eater, so I don't eat any fruits, vegetables, and the majority of meats/

You should also do some exercise that burn your extra body fat and keep you short weight.Also do some aerobics and gym workouts that keep your muscles gain and in shape.This will must help your body to have effective changes.