Soft Palate

Rate this topic

D.Starr

I was thinking a more lower soft palate because I find it easy to go up the scale in the pharyngeal region.

I can see how it would sound more nasal though but it does open up some resonance area as well as leading to the nasal cavities right?

The high palate really stretches up in my mouth and aches a lot.

I think I naturally sing in my nose not too much that I have a very nasal sound, but I feel a general split in some areas. If that makes sense?

Any one have any ideas?

Raise it, lower, whatever, without the rest of the trainning to actually allow it to make a difference, its useless. Its just another way of strainning.

And be aware that what you may perceive as raising it, will probably be just tongue tension trying to force your voice up and back, as the usual recipe for magic states.

Why do you want to raise it or lower it to begin with? How do you know its not already as it should be?

Ahh thanks geran89. :)

I'm sure that certain variations in sound color are related to the soft palate moving. It's just that I find it weird to get that effect by thinking about manipulating the soft palate. If I think that way (even if it's what's actually happening) I'll probably just constrict something at random.

Ahh thanks geran89. :)

I'm sure that certain variations in sound color are related to the soft palate moving. It's just that I find it weird to get that effect by thinking about manipulating the soft palate. If I think that way (even if it's what's actually happening) I'll probably just constrict something at random.

eggplantbren: Or, you can do what many do, which is to think of a different vowel to get the different tone color.