what's goin' on with my voice when I do this?

Rate this topic

L06383424H

okay it's when I try to do a higher pitch I get to a point where I get stuck but when I push through it makes a louder squeal. It happens with all my vocal exercises but I pretty much have to purposely do it.

My question is.. Is this meant to happen is that my limit or is that me going into a falsetto is it something I'm supposed to try to bridge? I'm confused.

okay it's when I try to do a higher pitch I get to a point where I get stuck but when I push through it makes a louder squeal. It happens with all my vocal exercises but I pretty much have to purposely do it.

My question is.. Is this meant to happen is that my limit or is that me going into a falsetto is it something I'm supposed to try to bridge? I'm confused.

L06383424H: the sudden shift in tone quality indicates a re-coordination of the laryngeal musculature. The sense that you are 'getting stuck' before that is because you have reached the highest point where you can sing without letting a re-coordination occur.

If you will try the re-coodination a bit lower in the scale, the transition will be smoother and less abrupt.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks that does make sense. Though even after the recoordination it seems the tone doesn't change much no matter what I do just seems airy and I get that same stuck feeling again but no matter what I do I can't move forward.

L06383424H: How about posting something on a vowel, or even a phrase of a song. The sounds in the post don't tell us very much.