Am I good enough for lead singer?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey, I'm starting a band and I don't know if I'm capable of being the lead singer or not, could you please help me? Our band might play Acoustic or Alternative rock. soundcloud.com/JosephJamesJohnson Here are some examples, definitely not my best. Thank you,

Hey, I'm starting a band and I don't know if I'm capable of being the lead singer or not, could you please help me? Our band might play Acoustic or Alternative rock. soundcloud.com/JosephJamesJohnson Here are some examples, definitely not my best. Thank you,

I found it very hard to hear the actual singing over the guitar. Don't be shy! No need for acapella but make the song hearable! Thiis is a safe place so unless you ask for harsh critique, people are very nice!

Here is a better link

As for your question, the short answer is no. Now, I don't say that to be mean or that you don't sing well. I only mean that as I said; as the short answer. That's because you gave us the short sample. It's one of two things. Either you're afraid to sing and so you didn't let go on the recording, therefore you wouldn't make it on stage; or you screwed up the recording and the vocals were too low. In that case we just need a better recording :)

On the first recording I waited 1/4 of the song for the vocals to start finally realizing they had been already playing. The others were not much better. If you're not projecting then that's a problem. If it is a recording issue then there isn't a way to give a good response.

How about starting over :)

I can't even here your voice so it is impossible to tell + it is a subjective question, all sorts of people with all sorts of voices are lead singers and there is no technical benchmark at which point to say, yes, you can be a lead singer. Do you want to be, do you feel like you could be? those are the important questions.

Your singing is too timid. If you are playing guitar at the same then I suggest you don't and just work on the singing.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]