The Butterfly Ball - Love is All

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone,

Here is a portion of Love is All from Roger Glover's Butterfly Ball. I have always liked the song and it was a lot of fun to cover. Again, it's not the whole song, although I promise one day I'll do a whole song and upload it, just need to find the time. I hope you enjoy it and of course all feedback is very much welcome and desired. I know it's quite out of time in places, oops.

And here is the isolated vocal track if anyone is interested.

Max

Ha, Keith I have nothing on Dio, and I definitely need to steer my voice further away from the Dio sound I think, even though I don't think I sound very much like him over all. Whats happened is that up until fairly recently I couldn't really do distortion very well, and being a huge fan of Dio's roar I tried to emulate it and ended up discovering a lot of things I couldn't do before, and I am very much in the learning stage of singing, experimenting with all the noises I can make etc. I definitely don't want to end up a sub par Dio clone though.

Thanks Keith, I didn't mean to say that you were saying I was a clone, it's definitely a massive compliment to be compared to Dio. I'm sure you could do it if you practiced for it, but you have a great voice as it is, and totally different to mine I think.

Thanks Tommy, glad you liked it.

Anyone have any suggestions for songs I should cover?

Anyone have any suggestions for songs I should cover?

Judas Priest - Painkiller

Outworld - Warcry (Carlos Zema version):

Crimson Glory - Red sharks:

Iced Earth - The reckoning:

Do one of these well and we may consider my balls kicked... hard! :D

Enander... we both know there is no way I am going to do any of those songs better than you, in fact there is no way I'm going to manage any of those songs full stop, my voice is just not cut out for that sort of prolonged high pitched singing.

Nice try.

Perhaps we'll just have to leave each others balls alone.

It depends what i can find backing tracks for. I used to be all about singing as high as I could, but it's not my strong point really. I think I might do some AC/DC and of course endless Dio.

Thanks Dougie, yeah you were right, good suggestion. Thanks Lord Adon, just keep practicing and you will figure it out I'm sure, I'm still figuring it out, just keep going.