Emergency!!!! Digital or hard copy?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey all I've saved up and going to purchase the four pillar 2.0 digital copy. Those of you that have the digital version already... was it annoying to read everything on the computer? Did you print it out? How was your experience with the digital version?

Would really appreciate some input guys thanks! (Also I apologize if this is the wrong section lol)

- JayMC

i got the digital version. works fine. not annoyed. its just preference. if hard copy u can lie down n read or what not, if digital u gotta sit in front of pc. i take digital coz i can read n listen the audios thru my player.

=)

A mix of Dio's magic, Iron Maiden influences and Nightwish's mysteries,
Ammarah - Heavy Metal/Progressive Rock band. Check us out!
http://www.ammarahsg.com
Single up for downloads at www.ammarah-sengsara.viinyl.com
Or visit us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AmmarahSG

Digital bro!

I downloaded everything on my tablet which is android not apple ;)

So i can read the book anytime I want anywhere I want without the bulkiness of it

It takes time to get used to reading an ebook. But break it down the essence is still there which is just reading

I got the digital because of the portability and ease of access it permits

I mean the CD's are bulky and I wouldn't want to carry a laptop or dvd player around when I wanna go somewhere private to practice( the bathroom) ;) hahahaah

No, I am one of the broke singers on this forum. I use Seth Rigg's Singing for the stars program... I wish I could afford Robert's program. I only hear good things about it.

VA

"Like stars across the sky, we were born to shine!"

Save up for it bro. Works miracles i swear

Only got it for about a few weeks and boom. I think im not sure but I think I understand bridging a bit now

Start saving

I dunno if im supposed to say this here but robert said there is going to be a pillars 2.5 or 3.0

Shooting for xmas and they usually have promos during the xmas holidays!

So save up bro! SAVE UP!

When you say Promotion, you mean less than $200? ;)

When you say Promotion, you mean less than $200? ;)

Could be. I heard somewhere round here that someone got the program for 99$ during xmas? Well yeah

The program is already less than 200 dollars.

but if your looking to get it cheaper. Then w8 till xmas. But then again your all that time w8ing 0could be used for practice if you got the program now

Im not affiliated with robert in anyway except being his student

But i recommend this because i've tried the others like KTVA which were 300$!!! SS i "borrowed"

And so far this program gave the biggest bang for my buck.

If you want something bad enough you'll move heaven and earth to get

If you want this program bad enough you'd save up man

• Administrator

Glad a client showed me this thread... I am really happy to hear that you guys like Pillars. One thing I can say about it, it is always going to get better, and better and better... I will always be adding more content, more techniques, more new innovative ideas to Pillars. I really don't see there being a point where, like other products, all of a sudden its 'done'? I don't get that... if your profession is developing and teaching vocal techniques, your probably not 'done' for a long time... Will there be a xmas special, no guarantee actually guys... I will be in Europe in December doing Master Classes in Italy and Germany, here is the link for details if anyone would like to come: http://thevocaliststudioworkshop.com/tvs-master-class-tour-2012/

When I am on the road on these tours, I don't have time to do newsletters and put together big promo campaigns and stuff and if I do get something out for xmas, there is no guarantee that its going to be any $99 deal. If you want to get serious about your singing and start training... if you want to purchase "Pillars" now and get going, then do it now if you can. Don't put your vocal training and dreams on hold for a measly $100? That makes no sense to me, if it is September and you already now you want it. And when you do, take lessons with me so we can really get big progress, quickly.

Regarding upgrades:

Allow me to clarify some points here for you all:

I personally like the hard copy, it comes signed by me and it is made with high grade glossy paper and its full color. Plus, the sheer size of the content , now over 12GB, is a beast to download. However, the digital download is the most popular version that people purchase. If there is a major update to the book and content and you own the hard copy, I will only charge you for the price of shipping and making the book. The books cost about $50 to make and the shipping is $16 currently... so you would pay about $65 for an upgrade with shipping on the hard copy and discs. Not a big deal for your vocal training.

If you purchased the digital download, you will also pay for upgrades. It is not true that people get free upgrades if they purchase the digital download version. That is dumb, why would I do that?

So yes, if you own a copy of "The Four Pillars of Singing 2.0" and a new, major update comes out, you will pay for the upgrade, but it is always going to be very reasonable. Like I said, don't wait months just to save $60 or what ever... your singing and vocal training is worth more then that. Get started as soon as you can with a dream and something that you are really excited about.

Im available to answer any questions any of you may have about it...

I chose the digital copy becuase I live in Norway and didn't want to wait for it in the mail or pay the massive import duties we get here.

It's a big download, but I just read the ebook while I waited for the audio and video content to download. I did two things with the ebook, I printed it out and filed it, and then later put it on my iPhone so I can refer to it using a PDF reader.

The digital version also came with DVD quality videos and also lower quality versions of the same files so you can store them on an iPad/iPhone or something else similar.

So to conclude, the hard copy is probably nicer with a nicely printed book and discs, but the digital copy is very easy to use and organize once you've downloaded everything

• Administrator

I just wanted to let you guys know and anyone that may come across this thread, that I will not be offering the $99 Pillars, Xmas special this year. I apologize ahead of time, but under the circumstances, I now have to take that off the table. It's DOA this year. "Loose lips, sink ships", sorry...

Thanks Kiran... and how is it all working out for you Kiran? Care to share with these guys... ?

It's working out very well for me. I started training with the four pillars in late april, and have since taken 10-12 lessons with Robert over skype (at least I think so, I stopped counting). My only experience as a singer was school choir and backing vocals in bands, so Robert has pretty much trained me from scratch.

The workouts are pretty tough, but I'm gradually getting better and have started to like my voice more and more. The most noticable thing is that I seem to have added 4 or 5 notes into my 'comfort zone', and the tonal quality and resonance has improved. The four pillars program is very thorough and informative, but I think the lessons I take are an equally essential part of the training. There are several reasons why.. 1 - you avoid wasting time or injuring yourself by performing exercises incorrectly, 2- sometimes you need to be told the same thing 100 times before you get it (at least in my case), 3- I find the lessons keep me motivated.

I'm enjoying training with Robert so much that I'm flying to Germany for one of his masterclasses.

• Administrator

Oh, thanks for sharing Kiran! That's great that you reach out and share with these guys your experience with TVS. It has been a pleasure working with you Kiran. Your voice has taken to the techniques very well actually and when I watch you, I get the sense that you are going to front a band one day and do something cool with it... it just seems obvious. This is good for you.

Yes folks, I will be offering four Master Classes and private lessons in November and December in Europe for my 17th, "Training Vocal Athletes" Master Class tour. Here is a link that can give you some details on that. Would love to see some of you there.

http://thevocaliststudioworkshop.com/tvs-master-class-tour-2012/

Thanks guys, just got the program! Went digital since I'm kind of a techy person lol. It's HUGE but as long as you organize it according to your preference its very manageable.

Better technique, here I come! :P

• Administrator

Nice.. welcome Jay!!! Im excited to work with you! Did you get some internet lessons? Forgive me, I dont know which customer you are. I'm not trying to upsell you here, but if you can get in front of me for at least 3-6 lessons, it makes ALL the difference so you get off to a good start... I'm sure Owen can testify to that...

Its very interesting to me to see the comments on the product from people like Owen that have used other products... since I really don't spend time seriously chopping on other people's products. I always safely concluded that what I do is pretty good... but if I had to point one thing out that I have kinda dedicated my life to and everything seems to kind of come back to this theme, it is... techniques for bridging the registers and head voice development. Owen is right about that... it's a lot about that... It's not that Im shallow or don't know other stuff... its just that... if you learn to bridge and connect and get your game on with your head voice... you pretty much have won about 85% of the battle... great vocal training SHOULD be mostly about building strength and coordination for bridging registers and sustaining powerful phonations in the head voice. if your not training that and not getting better at that in your current training system or program, run like hell... because I think your wasting your time... that is just my opinion. Bridging and Head voice work is what it has always been about for me, even back in the Maestro Kyle days... Im not sure its worth the effort and expense if your not focusing on that primarily.

Out of this attitude for 10 years, has developed specific techniques, ideas about training and original vocal workouts to serve that purpose.

• Administrator

Ok Owen, thanks for clarifying that point for people... But you make a good point about internet teaser content... a lot of people try to go the 'cheap' route and think they are going to learn to sing from just youtube teaser content that me and my colleagues produce... its just silly. That content is there to pique your interest and say 'hello, here we are... check us out".. but it is NOT voice training.

There is no short-cut and there are no "secrets to singing"... Voice training, if you are going to get serious, means you train... and that means you get a good product and a good teacher and make an investment in yourself. If you are just trying to get better by going with free, promo stuff on the internet, then your really not serious enough to do this... that is just the truth. If you try to go 'cheap' on this, you'll get what you paid for, "0"... or not much to work with... and a LOT of confusion because you'll be watching 15 different teachers talking about 37 different things... its just a mess on YouTube... make a commitment to one good program and teacher and dig in.

Hey Guys.

Whoever purchased the digital version. Can you burn the dads so that you can keep a hard copy as well or it pretty much needs to stay on my HD?

VA