What would you call this?

Rate this topic

rofleren

www.rofleren.dk/music/Headorfalsetto.mp3 It's very loud, so I had to back off while holding the note :P

In vocal terms what would you use to describe this? I lately was told that this http://www.rofleren.dk/music/Movie_0007.wmv is head voice, but the other sound I make in the other clip does not feel like this at all. And I'm always told that falsetto is breathy.

www.rofleren.dk/music/Headorfalsetto.mp3 It's very loud, so I had to back off while holding the note :P

In vocal terms what would you use to describe this? I lately was told that this http://www.rofleren.dk/music/Movie_0007.wmv is head voice, but the other sound I make in the other clip does not feel like this at all. And I'm always told that falsetto is breathy.

Why is it important to know? If it works the way you want, that's all that matters isn't it? I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like the first example is head dominant in the head range, while the second clip is head dominant but in more of a chest range.

in the first you used twang to compress in a heady placement ...the second was more of a mixed voice where you used a combination of head and some chest voice musculature.

remember, the performing voice uses both musculatures in different degrees depending on the intended sound.

Both sound broken to me, the second one is better, but there is not enough pressure.

Try doing an arpeggio using this around the passagio area and you will understand why.

If falsetto was necessarily airy counter-tenors would not exist... Its perfectly possible AND necessary to keep it modal while changing the resonance strategy, but as I said many times before, takes trainning and a lot of time.