Queensryche - Take hold of the flame (a little acapella)

Rate this topic

Duchi

Hi, guys, seems that Queensryche are pretty popular around here, funny thing I knew almost nothing about Geoff Tate besides that he sang in the "We are stars" song with Dio and co. So, I searched a bit and liked this song, Take hold of the flame, I didn't know it so good as u can hear on the recording, but I would like to have some feedback on my mixed/head voice, does it sound ok? Would it sound good through a mic? I kinda messed up on "signs of unforetold" and "edges of your mind", too much chest I guess..

So here it is https://www.box.com/s/eeaa3d78cqj71gvjahox

Recorded with a samsung galaxy smartphone, just added some dinamics processing with adobe audition because the high notes were kinda loud, although i was 2 foot from phone.

It seems to me the verses were off- pitchy.. And the enunciation was not terrific. Good news is though, you have the range to easily perform this song. Just work on the little things, and maybe invest in a small USB interface and mic - makes your recordings better. All the the issues I heard are easily fixable. The hard part is getting up that high - which you can do already.

I agree with Keith. You have the range. The danger of a capella is going off pitch.

The pronunciation could be different. You lean too hard on the hard consonants t and s. try d and z. It might just change your breath support. That is, sing on the vowel, articulate with lighter consonants.

I do, however, think you have a great tone of voice for this song.