Queensryche - Take hold of the flame (a little acapella)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, guys, seems that Queensryche are pretty popular around here, funny thing I knew almost nothing about Geoff Tate besides that he sang in the "We are stars" song with Dio and co. So, I searched a bit and liked this song, Take hold of the flame, I didn't know it so good as u can hear on the recording, but I would like to have some feedback on my mixed/head voice, does it sound ok? Would it sound good through a mic? I kinda messed up on "signs of unforetold" and "edges of your mind", too much chest I guess..

So here it is https://www.box.com/s/eeaa3d78cqj71gvjahox

Recorded with a samsung galaxy smartphone, just added some dinamics processing with adobe audition because the high notes were kinda loud, although i was 2 foot from phone.

A few really pitchy moments in there, hard to listen to with the quality of the recording. Try working out what notes make up the melody and really zone in on the ones your having a hard time with an accompanying piano

[url=http://www.beatfire.net]Hiphop beats and instrumentals[/url]

It seems to me the verses were off- pitchy.. And the enunciation was not terrific. Good news is though, you have the range to easily perform this song. Just work on the little things, and maybe invest in a small USB interface and mic - makes your recordings better. All the the issues I heard are easily fixable. The hard part is getting up that high - which you can do already.

www.drop-head.com

I agree with Keith. You have the range. The danger of a capella is going off pitch.

The pronunciation could be different. You lean too hard on the hard consonants t and s. try d and z. It might just change your breath support. That is, sing on the vowel, articulate with lighter consonants.

I do, however, think you have a great tone of voice for this song.