The Elusive Head Voice

Rate this topic

This may seem like a stupid question. However, I shall ask anyway. I can feel my lower notes shake my chest, I can feel my middle notes shake my nose/mouth. I don't know where my headynotes go LOL. It feels like the resonance is higher than pharyngeal almost inbetween my eyes.

Where should I be feeling connected head tones ? Sometimes I can feel it all the way up to my forehead and even back of the neck.

What should I visualize and feel when I want the power of head voice to flourish and RING to the audience?

Basically what he is saying is you have to hold your mouth right. The size and shape of the cavities of the mouth, throat and nose determines the resonance. So you will get a different resonance if you flare your nostrils or puff your cheeks or move your jaw forward or backward or hold your tongue flat or grooved. You have to play around a little to find the right combonation for you. Because we all haved skulls of a different shape what works for one may not work for another.

I wrote that in a hurry. (had an appointment)

We can be guided to basic vowel shapes but the fine tuning is something that we have to discover for ourselves with practice, training and experimenting. WE may also need someone elses ears to tell us when we are doing things right.