Who Made Who

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, here is a little bit of me singing who made who by AC/DC. Never sung this song before, but it's one of my favourite AC/DC numbers so I wanted to give it a shot. I've also included the isolated vocal track.

Hope you enjoy it, comments and feedback very welcome.

Vocals only: -vocals-only

Thanks for listening,

Max

I'm going to be honest. I feel honest is best for learning...like it or not :D Now...first thing is a compliment on your vocal ability and a great job on this song. I sure can't compete with that! You really have some chops there boy!! I have listened to other songs you have done and they are all good. I'm not sure but I may have mentioned in another post that I thought it would be better if you could tone down the dirt and sing cleaner at times. Was that you?

Anyway, as far as this song goes. Good and bad. Your voice is really good for this kind of stuff. You get the notes and you get the grit and tone etc. However imo (and this may be just a matter of taste or just my own ears) I thought the melody got lost. I think too much was put into the texture and rasp/grit that the lines became all one level. This is one of my....if not my number one AC/DC songs. It used to be my ringtone. But for me there were no highs and lows but rather a steady, almost one level almost screaming.

Don't get me wrong. Really nice job as far as tone and attitude, and you really sang well. But I thought the song was could be a bit more melodic. Well as much as that song is anyway. You have the voice to sing this and do it better I think. I think focus has to be placed on more than just rasp and sounding like the original.

Just my opinion. Good job though overall .

I'm not sure but I may have mentioned in another post that I thought it would be better if you could tone down the dirt and sing cleaner at times. Was that you?

That would be me! :D

Max, you know I dig you like crazeh!

I've never sung it, but I know the singing you used. It's so frickin' hard not to sound "stiff" (tonally, it's like driving an understeering car, and it's hard to achieve proper volume).

With that said, you did it greatly! Your "one on one" is top tier. Almost makes me believe you've tampered with it... almost! That's a great compliment, by the way! :P

If I would be a nitpick, I'd say you need to release some notes just a tad more (I know; the kettle calling the pot black. Haha!).

You'll probably have to sacrifice some grit by doing so, BUT you don't have to release ALL the notes; just some. Last note in a phrase is probably a good start. Just like your "Nothing gonna save your one last dime cause [...]", where "dime cause" has a greater release/less grit but sounds great.

That's my two cents!

Well thank you very much for the comments everyone, appreciate it. Tommy I agree with you, this one is a little too screechy in places but I think the main reason for the melody being lost is that i haven't listened to the song in probably a year and I've never sung it before, which is not an excuse, just an example of me being far too unprepared!

Ronws, you, speechless? Surely not ;)

Enander, thanks, and i can assure you there is no tampering!

Keith, thanks very much, that's a big compliment, now go and dig your mic up and keep on singing.

Max

• 3 weeks later...

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. What can i say. When i listen to great music i just feel great. I felt really great listening to this, there were no disturbances whatsoever. If i really scrutinized it, maybe i would found something that could be improved. But i don´t like to sit and sharpen my senses, just relax and enjoy my music. Fantastic singing, Max.