Beginner looking for critiques

• TMV World Legacy Member

I want to start off by saying I have no experience singing what-so-ever. I just love listening to music (mainly country) and singing along to the radio. I just want to hear feedback from the more experienced people in here to see if I might have potential. I would really appreciate the criticism. I have included two videos. thanks a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgpuM7UtCSI&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQKchp1JKNk&feature=plcp

You do. Good tone!

This would be so much better if you just had good support. Alone that would make this "good", I think.

Edit: Find a coach and work hard. Really good tone. I enjoyed it.

I think you have the beginnings of what could become a good singing voice. It isn't bad now and sounds pretty good to me; just a little untrained.

I would say that your first lesson should be to stand up straight! :D The way your arms are resting on the railing places your shoulders up and also causes tension both of which hinder proper breathing a bit. And breath control (support) is what will make a good note. Get your feet under you man! Stand straight...good posture, drop the shrugged shoulders, place the head correctly.

Nice job on the vid with the backing track. :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Yeah I probably should have been standing up straight :) I'll work on that. I just want to make sure going to a vocal coach would be worth my time.. I would love to sing in a band someday or just have the confidence to sing in a karaoke bar.

I think a coach would surly be worth it. You got that country thing happenin'. Your voice is good. Work on it and it will reward you. Little things matter. ;)