Summer of 69 - live rehearsal recording with my band

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys! It would be cool to hear what you think of my singing here:

https://www.box.com/s/iidhmlkmploo1kgrrs34

This is a live recording of me singing with my band during rehearsals. I'm using a dynamic mic so I'm sure that if I'd used a condenser and comped the vocal track, it would have sounded better.

What do you think of my singing here and what do you think people in general will think? I'm not absolutely sure if the vocals are good enough so I'd like to hear your opinions. I've got a thick skin for this so just tell me how you really feel about this, bad or good.

Have a nice day!

jonpall.

Great singing, of course.

And I was trying to figure out how the bass player did his thing. It sounded fat and punchy, which was cool. However he was attacking the strings, it had the effect of a second drummer effect.

Neato. I don't know if that was intended, or just a side effect of whatever mixing.

It's funny. At first (until I heard the song) I thought by the title of the thread, that it was a recording of an old rehearsal from the summer of 1969. :D

Damn you sound great! Nice singing, nice feeling. Real professional!

If I'd change anything, I'd hold those notes by the end a little longer, if possible (from 02.55 when you sing the word summer). That's the ONLY thing I could think of to improve it (wich ofcourse means it's a flawless performance).

I like the mix of the music better on this than I Love Rock And Roll

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It sounds good. I sing this one myself. I think you could reach back and a little lower putting a little more head voice and a little more chest resonance to really get a raw raspy quality. That might mess with the pitch though. Great job though. I wouldn't change anything if that same vocal quality is on everything you do.