I love rock 'n' roll - live rehearsal with my band

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys,

Here's another song that me and my band recorded in our rehearsal place a few days ago. This is a live recording and always works well in our set list. If you could take the time to tell me what you think, it would be most appreciated:

https://www.box.com/s/fkplk7q6krel0q4nutzt

Regards,

jonpall.

Hey Jon! Sounding very good man.

Not an easy song to do, lots of energy. And in a region that does not forgive mistakes.

But this mix... I think it could be better man, its too squeezed! If the studio do not improve it on the final, see if you can grab the multitrack and send it my way. If its just a stereo pair, or the monitor mix forget it, quite nice.

Again congrats, sounding very good, the whole band.

Pretty decent. Quick word on the mix: that kick drum seems to make the vocal presence 'fluctuate' if you get what I mean. Vocals should probably go up in volume a little, and kick - down a little

When you say "too squeezed" - do you mean the mix or my vocals?

Btw. this track has yet to be mixed better while "Summer of 69" which is in another thread HAS been mixed - at least a bit.

I thought you sang it well but I didn't like the backing music. But then again it could be the poor headphones I am using. I just thought your vocals were more rocking than the music. I didn't feel the thumping drive of this song musically (the main guitar riff). A little thin. And that snare drum was driving me nuts. :D More thinness

Good version/interpretation vocally though.

I quite liked it. Of course, I have always liked your singing, Jon.

And, I made the mistake of reading the first post. This was a recording of a rehearsal, basically a scratch track, something good for checking the arrangement.

I wasn't expecting radio or cd - ready release. In that case, the sound was just fine, and the only way to hear it better would be to be there.

Flawless singing man! Vocals really rock in this one! I love the slight constant grit you have going. High notes sound supe.

Could agree with others that the music could do with some mixing, but that's just on a sidenote.

Great vocal! Though I think you said "Put another dime in the "jubox" rather than "jukebox" -- might cause confusion :D

I like it either way. But then, again, I am odd ...