Singing voice critique and advice please! Thank you!

Rate this topic

I know I have a very terrible voice and I'm so ashamed of it but I really wish to sing better.

This is a sample video of my singing : http://youtu.be/oTaaePbn0sA

Can anyone comment or advice me? I know it's hopeless judging from it, but there's this passion that tells me I should not entirely give up. Thank you...

I don't think it's hopeless :) You seem to be able to follow the song well enough and your voice doesn't sound bad tone wise. Well, I should say that I can hear some good tone buried in there somewhere.

Your voice placement and singing at the moment is hiding the tone and also making it a little nasal and maybe too forward. Not sure.

But that's not unlike being able to drive a car and then trying to get in a bus or tractor trailer and start driving without training. It's not the same and you can't just hop in and drive even though you think you can. Grinding gears, not working the air brakes properly, wider turns. You may drive the thing but it isn't going to be as smooth as your car until you learn how. You'll need training otherwise you'll just be making the motions of driving but doing it all wrong.

Right now, from what I heard, you think you just recorded yourself singing. I didn't hear you "singing." You were almost just speaking the words. Your voice is working and it has a good tone that needs to be polished off of dust :) And you need proper training and technique to help you learn how to sing and not just make sound with lyrics to it. Learn to breath, learn to control the breath, learn some scales and notes/sounds and hold those notes and play with them by support/airflow and study. If you can find a coach/teacher that is # 1

good luck:)

You have potential, you have some soul. Sounds like your placement is too forward, and the sound is resonating in your nasal cavity. Try taking 1 skype lesson with someone. I suggest Robert Lunte or Dan Formica. I bet you will hear immediate results.