Pharyngeal Question

Rate this topic

shanchu2

Hey Guys. so I recently started doing james lugos pharyngeal exercises to get my range in order, I feel however that something is off with the witchy one, so is possible I can have some advice?

http://picosong.com/wHct/

Best

-Yuri

The phonation is forced, too much pressure. It's hard to tell with that audio but I can hear a lot of unncessary pressure. Try it slower and more clearly so the advanced users on the forum can help you out. It's not about hitting the pitch, you need to hit it comfortably!

Try breathing into the note, the 'h' onset as in HEE can be helpful for this. It is definitely connected but it sounds like an overly forced connection. Try liprolling/tongue trilling the same exercise. You need to remember that the higher notes use LESS vocal cord not MORE. Also check if your larynx is shooting up during the exercise, that maybe be what you are feeling. One last thing, try practicing some basic onsets right at the part where you feel strain, dont ever force your voice! Let it find its way to that resonant space :)