Child in time - Just started to work on this greatest song

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounds pretty good so far. :D I got confused on how to play it. :/ I can't read Russian script. :o but I figured it out. :P You sound great Jugulator. You always do. ;)

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I thought it sounded good so far and I think that your tone sounds good at the pitch that verse was in. The high notes near the end were pretty full and the tone was nice. The only two words I had any issue with was "blind" and Flying." But that is your English not a singing issue. Not a big deal. If you could match the pronunciation of "blind" to how you said "time." And "Flying" was pronounced a little off or too open on the Y or something. Very Minor stuff. I actually thought it sounded really good throughout and can't wait to hear it complete. :)

Thumbs up!

Just remember, you don't have to do an A5 to have the song make sense. The chord is Am, so a C or an E will also work. Or, even better, go the other direction. Make the notes A2 or C2. Or, if you have the cavernous bottom in the voice, an E2. That would impress me more, especially as I have just about nothing in the 2nd octave that is worthy or consistent or full.

But your proposal to sing C2, E2, or A2 seems to be interesting :)

Isn't it, though? That's the flavor that has not been tried.

Some of us can do A5. And a number of people want to but are holding themselves back because they haven't ironed it out, yet. So, why not make the challenge in the other direction. I can firmly state that I have never made it down to C2 at any kind of volume, whether light, full, or not. I just can't do it. I simply don't have the large, thick vocal folds to do it and there is no exercise or magic pill to make it that way. But wouldn't it be cool if someone did that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Jugulator, I ran a search and found your forum, cool. I just completed a new live take of 'Child in Time'... I think you guys might like the whistle notes in here...

https://thevocaliststudio.box.com/s/ebf8ef7460f93ccbeca8

No dear Robert i mean jugulator's link :

http://webfile.ru/6151231 which is russian and video keep playing some russian advertisements thus i cant manage to listen him