Vocal issues

Rate this topic

amnesiac

Well glad that's cleared up. Rob I wouldn't ever say you have nothing to offer. I just wanted him to understand that singing is really something that comes from within. -street advice, lol

but coaches such as yourself can totally help with that

• Administrator

Sorry for the 'noise' amnesia, let me answer your question here:

As far as my school goes, I don't like the term 'mixed voice' and your post precisely makes my point. Your confused about its meaning... as are teaming hordes of singers and sadly teachers around the world. It makes students of singing chase imaginary, 3rd registers or any number of strange conclusions of its meaning. Costing you time, money and heartache. Here is a video i did on this subject a few years ago that got a lot of play and interest.

MIXED VOICE IS DEAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfpeHE6Wls

So hopefully that clears up the source of some of the confusion propagating about the term 'mixed voice'. Having shared that with you, I am not denying that there is a 'mixed' or as we say in TVS a 'covered' sensation as we bridge from one register to another, I'm only arguing that the use of this term "mixed" is creating confusion.

So look... what you want to achieve with your singing is the same thing everyone wants to achieve... seamless bridges and head tones that sound potent and full. Everyone on this forum 'gets that'... it is in fact, the main point of good voice training, to become masters at doing 'that'! So how do you bridge & connect successfully?

Honestly, it is a complex coordination of physiology and acoustics, teamed with building unique, specialized physical strength and coordination of your larynx region and respiration... (... thats why you need training, to build the strength and coordination... the athletic involved in great voice technique come from training).

My advise would be to first learn to bridge, regardless if it sounds "cool" or not in your head voice. Your primary goal in step 1 is to shut down the constrictors and learn about your head voice. where it is, how it feels what it can do. So you would train a TVS technique called "Lift up / pull back" to gain this coordination for bridging. Here is a video on that.

TVS "Lift Up / Pull Back"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7v80VIAIw

Once you have Mastered that movement... you then begin to work on your Intrinsic Anchoring and Appoggio respiration techniques, using the same sirens (content found in my training system), to make your head voice get beefy and remove Falsetto mode with a high performance, calibrated and formant tuned, twang phonation. What is Intrinsic Anchoring, well, this video is not specifically about Intrinsic Anchoring, but it is about larynx dampening with is part of the Intrinsic Anchoring Set of technical components you need to coordinate to boom up your head voice.

The Benefits of Dampening Your Larynx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5qPifWNw_c

... and thats just about the best I can do for you on a forum, without you having more information to work with. Maybe "Lord" has some street advise for you on how to get the job done, but this would be my consultation. If you want to learn more and really get good at this, an investment in a good vocal training product and a few lessons will go a long, long way.

I hope this helps...

Lord, this is what "consultative sales" looks like. I am amnesia's "trusted advisor" in this communication. As such, I am not selling my product at him, .... I am showing and demonstrating to him the solutions that will meet his needs and help him to achieve what his is asking about. If the result of me taking 45 + minutes out of my day to compose this response to help him to meet his needs .... inspire him to go to my web site and learn more about my products and services, then I would have to say, I earned that by providing a good service for him. Not everyone is selling snake oil and trying to take advantage of people.

I apologize if other products you have purchased from the industry disappointed you, but you either didn't invest in good programs and/or you didn't practice. That is what it boils down to.