Best Vowel To Solidify Passagio

Rate this topic

What should be my base-vowel that I should first learn how to blend registrations on? Oo, ee, definately not AAH, maybe AY?

What vowel did you first learn to activate both the chest & head musculatures on?

- JayMC

EE I've heard is best for vocal closure, don't quote me.

EE and OO are good for hooty head tones.

Apparently if you shape the mouth for OO and say EE in a dopey voice this is good for keeping the larynx down and having the sound of curbing. I'd have to upload an audio file.

To be honest you've had to vowel modify AH to UH amirite?

"eh" has been identified by teachers as being the easiest. What really helps is to do semi occludes first - lip rolls, "ng" right before the open vowels to set up good technique. These semi occluded's don't require "vowel modification" and create nice back pressure.

One of Robert's students mentioned on this forum that Robert told him that "eh" one of the best if not the easiest to learn passagio. And if you watch Robert's demo video's he uses "Meh" a lot. Also, in the KTVA stage 2 - the octave bridge chest to head exercises are all done with the vowel used in "cat" with is very similar to "eh". Ken uses this vowel a lot too.