Would love some feedback- (Pink's) Glitter in the Sky

Rate this topic

Excellent. Sometimes, I just enjoy a really good song done very well. And this was one of those times. You don't need my help. You need a manager, an attorney, a producer, and some distribution. Really, seriously. And even though this is a cover song, put it on your first album. There's nothing wrong with having a cover song on an album that you could record. There is a long history of doing cover songs, even on debut albums.

Ok...I can be secretly heard singing along to Pink in my car....there I said it!!! I really like Pink even though that is far from my genre.

So you want feedback? I have no feedback for that. The only thing I can do after listening to that is make a request. I request more of it!

Feedback....HA! You must be joking. It's all good girl. That was great :) I'll be singing along to you soon ;)

This is rock solid. I've never heard the original song, but when I hear you sing it, it sounds like you can own it.

If you're singing comfortably and this feels good. Go write some songs and/or get voice lessons from a pro. I have no good advice to modify the style or fix a technical problem.

Thank you guys for listening.

I appreciate your feedback and I am glad that you like what you hear.

I guess what I am looking for is any thoughts on where I can improve tone and placement.

B

You'd be best off with an expert to go hands on, imo. Also to have clear articulated goals of the type of placement you're aiming for (more body, more piercing clarity, darker shading, lighter shading, range) etc.

I think you're beyond the point where friendly amateurs can help you and there are so many elements of this. A huge part of the problem is stylistic divide. Someone could say, 'use Ronnie James Dio's placement' that's the 'good technique' but... Well it's 'a' good technique and it's popular here, but it might not be too helpful.

If I remember right, and I'm not a huge Pink fan, only heard some of her stuff she uses something similar to mix voice/curbing (in CVT Terms) however. You might be interested in looking into those concepts if you want to gain a bit more power or body in this 'style'. That's not really the 'right' way to sing though, nor is it the 'wrong' way to sing.

Something that I find useful for getting into mix voice is to take an 'uh' vowel, yawn slightly, and simply ascend from a medium pitch staying comfortable all the way up, thinning the tone as you ascend it will kind of want to cry/whine out. I find it bridges pretty high with more body and gives a different taste. If you can keep some of the feeling from that into your other vowels you can do a lot of things.

But in the end the song might sound worse than your current vocal placement and you'd be better of with a teacher, imo. People can toss around random technique ideas of how to place the voice differently, but

A. They really don't know what you as an artist want and have subjective biases

B. There's no way of being sure you as an artist can get there yourself without some help and supervision safely

That's what it all comes down to. I screwed up my voice, potentially by taking in way too many point As from random people on the internet, random singing books, and not factoring in enough B. Always keep point A and B in mind, every single step of the way, whatever you do. And always stay comfortable. Take everything with a grain of salt and stay in charge.

Thank you KillerKU.

I think you are right.

I't would be nice to have someone to work with that helps you to acheive what you want as opposed to getting you to sound the way that they want.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment.

Bea