Please have listen and offer advice - Losing My Religion

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is a single take of me singing along to Losing My Religion.

The original song is in my headphones to give me a reference.

There is no effects whatsoever, just whatever the mike picked up (including me bumping against the stand!).

I've left it deliberately this way so you can here the raw vocal.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10813900/Losing%20My%20Religion.wav

It feels like I'm improving over where I started from.

Any advice for improvement would be greatly appreciated.

Is pitch ok? I know the timing is off in spots.

How is the tone, something I can improve on?

Nice job Sound26. I agree with Ron on some of the trailing words although I would say the notes are trailing. It was on pitch enough. It's difficult to say without the music backing your vocals but it almost sounded like you weren't sure of all the words or maybe you were reading them? That sort of took away from the flow of the melody a little. I noticed a couple of bumps in the road as far as lyrics and maybe one or two spots where the phrasing went off time. That is what made me think you didn't "own" that. Mostly the last 1/4 of the song.

But all and all, good job on a song I personally find boring as hell from a band I could never understand how they were so popular :D

I think it's a pretty good job. Ptich was actually pretty good. Word trailing and unsure of lyrics in places already covered.

It sounds a bit to me like you could maybe 'open up,' support, and work a bit on resonance a bit more, but that's maybe a stylistic preference as a thinner vocal style has it's place.

Slightly more of just like you are barely beginning a yawn might help you open up. Breath support, feeling it more in the core of the body. I like to suck in on a silent 'w' whoooooooooooo and then hiss out 'ssssssssss.'' I find that helps engage my core a bit more.

Anyway I thought it was pretty solid actually. It could be tweaked a bit, and I'm sure you're still working on it, but it's the kind of voice that goes good with a pop song.