Stomach feeling when singing

Rate this topic

jzhang172

How is your stomach supposed to feel when you sing? What are the sensations you should be feeling when singing?

I met a singer a couple days ago and I asked her how it felt when she sang. She said that for her, she feels everything from the stomach when singing. She said rather then the buzzing she feels in her face, the most noticeable thing she felt was her stomach muscles.

I've also heard that your stomach should feel tired after singing.

Motion in the abs, as necessary, note in the head, nothing in the throat.

In an interview of the major singers of our time, one said that, when going into rehearsals for a tour after some time off from touring, his stomach muscles would be a bit worn out. Until they became conditioned from continuing rehearsals. One would start out singing only 3 to 4 songs in the set list. Increasing each week. After a month half, a full 90 minute set is ready. And that's only because in his off time, he really gets "away from it all."

I know you are wondering which singer I am talking about. I could really draw this out.

But never mind.

Bruce Dickinson.

Singing my bands new set makes my abdomen sore the next day- lots of long drawn out notes. Doesn't matter how much I practice , the result is the same- the next day, I sometimes let my gear sit in my truck all night cause I'm too sore to lift it all , lol.