laryngeal dumping

Rate this topic

HalcyonAugust2

so i guess i've learned how to bridge?

https://www.box.com/s/fs5bk8mhke43p1v6goz6

is this it?

also how do you keep your larynx from rising back up when going higher?

if your in the headvoice your larynx automatically shoots up

you can lower it a bit but it really isn't that low compared to your passagio

can we really maintain that low a layngeal position that high up in the headvoice?

Yes. That was a very nicely executed bridge. Well done!

You should allow your Larynx to rise slightly for your high notes. Just make sure it's not distorting your tone or making you sound squeezed or chip-monkey (Unless you want those effects), if any of those thing happen you are probably raising your larynx a bit too much. Same goes for if you're feeling pressure or discomfort under your jaw, as the the larynx is likely shooting up. You can monitor this in front of a mirror or by placing a finger on your Adam's apple.

Yes. That was a very nicely executed bridge. Well done!

You should allow your Larynx to rise slightly for your high notes. Just make sure it's not distorting your tone or making you sound squeezed or chip-monkey (Unless you want those effects), if any of those thing happen you are probably raising your larynx a bit too much. Same goes for if you're feeling pressure or discomfort under your jaw, as the the larynx is likely shooting up. You can monitor this in front of a mirror or by placing a finger on your Adam's apple.

really that was bridging??????? :o

oh my goodness man you don't know how friggin happy I am to hear those words!!!!!!

so your larynx does rise up a bit hhehe

ok i thought i was doing it wrong cuz I thought it should sit really low but we allow it to rise up a bit

thanks for clearing that one for me Power!!!

man i'm really motivated right now thanks man!!!!!!!!!!