NEXT SKYPE CONFERENCE

Rate this topic

Danielformica

It looks like we've had the topic discussed already know, in just the posts. The only thing being that you didn't get to hear me say it in my dusty, little voice, with a mix of west coast and Texas. (People who are born in Texas can tell I am not originally from Texas. I was born in Los Angeles, California in 1964 and lived there until 1974, a time of one's life when the most important characters of speach are developed.)

Seeing as how it seems nigh unto impossible to get any save audio from the actual skype conference, perhaps this will morph into a weekly discussion topic where we link sound files of us talking and providing examples of something. Such as one of the earlier topics where there was an invitation ot sing the "Star-Spangled Banner." Not because we might be provincial with a number of members who are from America but cause it is such a challenging song with a large range and even some professional singers have botched it in what is arguably the biggest gig of their lives.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronws,

I think your idea is swell, although I do think we should still do those Skype conferences every once in a while. Maybe once a month, and then once a week, we can do a forum discussion with clip uploads to demonstrate, or certain point lectures.

I am all for it!

• Administrator

I was informed by Dante that the Skype Conference calls were no longer happening, didn't get enough participation... so what is this? If there are still skype conference calls promoted on this facility, it has to be a TMV World service and Dante is the project manager.

Dan can you clarify for me what is going on here? Does Dante know about this?

To quote Bon Scott, "shot down in flames ...."

:lol:

Of course, there's plenty of times where someone posts a clip to aurally present what they write about. So, I guess we wouldn't have to do that as a special event.

Me, I just don't have the schedule or set-up to participate in Skype and we can't seem to get recordings of the ones that have happened, other than the first one.

I think you are all jumping the gun on the skype thing. Members were asking when the next one is going to be. Daniel had a good idea put forth. He got some good feed back. One post mentioned doing something different. But no one said to stop the skype conference.

For those of you who attended the last conferences just ask yourselves if anything was accomplished. Did you come up with any insights? Was it worth it to you?

I cannot attend so I do not know how it went but if you accomplished what you set out to do then it is worth it to keep going.

The audio was saved. It just needs to be cut into parts to upload it.

• Administrator

How am I 'jumping the gun"? Dante was running this program and I was told they were no longer taking place about three to four weeks ago, that was the last I heard anything about it. Also, the skype account was an account I set up and paid for, that account is no longer active due my belief the idea fizzed out.

Now if it hasn't fizzed out and there is interest in this, thats great.. but if your going to use this forum to organize and promote the conference calls, it needs to be on TMV World facilities and a service of TMV World.

I'm not going to fund and work hard to maintain this forum while some 3rd party uses it to promote and market their own independent Skype conference calls.... And why would you care anyways... ? Why would it matter who's skype account you use? The only reason it might matter to someone is if they wanted to control the agenda and outcome of the calls in ways that are different then what we already agreed on.

Regardless, go have skype conference calls... its a good idea, but if your going to promote and organize it here on my front door step, that I pay for and work my ass off to maintain for you guys... its going to be a TMV World Service.

Dan, you created this post, can you shed some insights here? Am I really jumping the gun or being unreasonable to ask you guys what is going on here and to fill me in?

• Administrator

I'm always around to help anyway I can if you see me on Skype hit me up...

Huh? Dan takes his ball and goes home?

May I remind you we had established a Skype conference call program and designated others to project manage these calls so that we could have quality control and non-biased discussions, you were not selected to be one of those people.

Those people responsible for it, informed me the project was dead.. now we see you independently reviving it, with lots of good ideas and enthusiasm.. but when I ask that you guys simply keep it as a TMV World Service as it was originally planned and agreed upon to maintain integrity, quality control, keep hidden agenda out and simply be considerate of my generosity to facilitate the entire thing for everyone ... you take your ball and go home? Why?

If we are going to do this, we need to give Dante a courtesy call and see if he wants to do this again. If he doesn't, I'm open to others that may want to take the bull by the horns and run with this opportunity... is there anyone that is interested in project managing the TMV World Skype Conference calls?

Let me know and Ill turn the TMV World skype account back on and you guys can promote and market the conference calls all you want on this forum... take it to the moon! I hope you do... and Ill facilitate your needs...

So let's do it... anyone?

• Administrator

I thought it was a cool idea and people seem to be interested... the account is all set up and I we can get rolling again... we need a team... a couple guys to be responsible for it that I trust to keep it non-biased, maintain integrity and keep it productive...

Dan I like a lot about you, your a talented singer and teacher... and harbor no hard feelings toward you... but the very fact that you walk away from it as soon as I take away your control, says a lot about your agenda. You know? I'm not going to pay for your client acquisition Dan... I'm not stupid, I know what's going on here. End of discussion.

Who wants to run this thing and help us to keep it above the bar?

I'm just a bystander here. I do not think Dan had any alterior motives. There were other post on here where the question was asked "When is the next skype conference? At that point if Dante was to be in charge of getting things together Why didn't he reply in the post that he assumed that there were to be no more conferences?

I believe every one involved thought that things were on the up and up.

I do not think any one intended anything other than helping out.

Rob the idea is great, unfortunately most reunions had low participations. The last one had me, Daniel and geran only. I currently dont do video lessons and Daniel not once sold his product there. I assure you.

It may be my fault, since last time Ive spoken to Dante we agreed that it was not worth renewing the account due to low participation, but what I understood was that the account would last a few months more, so we organized one two weeks ago, in which just me, Daniel and geran came.

Daniel made this thread thinking in these terms probably. Still the confs always resumed to me Bob Dan and Dante having very nice and insightfull conversations, but userbase participants were quite low.

Maybe its the time/date. I cant do it any other time in a fixed way, and Im afraid that it is not worth organizing conf calls for just the four of us to chat over and over, although I had a great time and learned quite a bit everytime.

I was looking forward to talk with Steven if he came. That wouldve been great.

Quite sincerely, the subjects that were addressed on the calls are not news for me, Bob, Dan or Dante. We figured that it could be helpfull for all these guys making thousands of threads on passagio support bridge head, all the commom basic problems. We did expect more people to join, I was disappointed. The Journey thing was a last attempt to see if interest arised, plus Id get free ideas from Dan hehe

Anyway If you guys have other ideas Im in. In the way it was set, it was not working.

• Administrator

Dan, I sincerely hope your intents were not with hidden agenda. We have had dealings in the past so I have to be careful. Ive been doing this for a long time... running this forum and I have seen every underhanded tactic you can imagine.

So anyways... I am still confused... is this something people want or not? My gut tells me that its just going to fizz out again and we will waste another round of cycles putting it all together for another no-show event? Regardless, I want to honor my commitment to Dante and not go around him... he is my quarterback in this project, if he doesn't want to do it, then he needs to let me know.

If you guys want to try one more, let's do it... but if its a small crowd,,, we are wasting our time. Not all good ideas are popular.

So where is Dante? I want his input on this... we should not make any unilateral decisions without the guy we designated to lead this thing chiming in.

Everyone HAS to remember that ANYTHING that goes on in this forum that will involve TMV resources MUST be channeled through Robert Lunte first! There is a chain of command here and it MUST be respected. This forum costs Robert money so he is top dog here.

I saw NO mention of Dante or Rob in Formica's postings which leads me to be suspicious. Proper protocol would have been to say "are people interested in another skype conference?", see who responds in the affirmative and THEN say "OK let me clear this with Robert and Dante to see if its do-able" before going any further.

Discussing or suggesting topics was outside of Formica's pervue on this forum. That would have been Step 3 in the process after it was OK'd by Robert & Dante.

It's basic business etiquette and respect for Rob, the creator and brainchild of this forum.

Kevin Richards

Rock the Stage NYC

http://www.rockthestagenyc.com

I started the name of the post NEXT SKYPE CONFERENCE. I have been on all the conferences. I was clearly stating when we have the next one. Dante hasn't been around so I just figured someone else was taking over no1 cause I don't have a group Skype acct.

I explained myself to Robert. Nothing suspicious here

Peace out

I attended 1 Skype conference. It was very interesting and I enjoyed it very much. We took turns in asking questions, and each one sang the star spangled banner, and got critiqued. Other than that, there was no marketing what so ever. No one promoted his/her coaching business. I dont know what happened on the other Skype calls, but I honestly assume more of the same. I think to make it something "bigger" than what it really is won't make a difference. When it comes to how many would attend, you need to look at where most users that attended are located. I am from Israel, and the time difference is the reason I couldn't attend the other sessions even though I wanted to. 3 or 4am....

Just my two cents.

It seems logical that before a skype conference is set up someone would ask the question "What do you want in the next conference". It also seems logical that they would ask on the forum. Get the input and then put the project in motion. Not schedule a conference without a topic.

Asking the question or proposing ideas does not mean someone is trying to take over or has alterior motives.

The start of this post was just asking what do we want to discuss in the next meeting and getting ideas. Not a new leadership.

The only ones who have been in on the skype conferences so far have been Teachers themselves or training to be teachers. There have been no students to influence.

There have only been Three conferences so far. There is only audio from the first available to forum members.

• Administrator

Everyone HAS to remember that ANYTHING that goes on in this forum that will involve TMV resources MUST be channeled through Robert Lunte first! There is a chain of command here and it MUST be respected. This forum costs Robert money so he is top dog here.

I saw NO mention of Dante or Rob in Formica's postings which leads me to be suspicious. Proper protocol would have been to say "are people interested in another skype conference?", see who responds in the affirmative and THEN say "OK let me clear this with Robert and Dante to see if its do-able" before going any further.

Discussing or suggesting topics was outside of Formica's pervue on this forum. That would have been Step 3 in the process after it was OK'd by Robert & Dante.

It's basic business etiquette and respect for Rob, the creator and brainchild of this forum.

Kevin Richards

Rock the Stage NYC

http://www.rockthestagenyc.com

Thanks Kevin... I really appreciate your friendship. People like you are far and few in my life these days...

• Administrator

Like I said, I am not here to prevent you guys from getting more service or more education... but I WILL honor my commitment to Dante first! He is my friend and he deserves the respect to be notified if he wants to do this again or pass the torch to someone else. Just to be clear, I don't have time to facilitate these calls... I didn't even get a chance to join the ones that were put together regretfully... so if you want to try this again, we need to first determine who is going to be the project manager.

Dante, we need you to chime in here...