Pheụ̄̀x krasik new breathing technique

Rate this topic

Danielformica

This is ground breaking new breathing technique for singing. You wanna talk support. I got it. SUPPORT! THIS is not for the weak at heart!

No I'm just kidding its just another way of saying "to lean upon" don't get caught up in new words. Because it is so simple to do just that:D

I still don't get it :P How can I use "support" to help bridge, connect, and prevent the leakage of air (breathy phonation)? Is there any surefire way to activate support to help resolve these issues... simply saying "support" does not do much for me or any other student for that matter :|

My post was actually a joke. Don't worry about support..if your breathy practice staccato ah ah or eh eh no HHS before the vowel at low to medium pitches.. as far as "bridging or connecting" it's just that stay connected don't let go. If you can only make it to f4 g4 whatever don't go any higher till you have the strength it's that simple. Don't get louder don't get heady don't get airy. If you build your voice this way you will have a strong no bullshit voice. If you get to a note by yelling, or going into falsetto(when you don't want to) or sounding ugly and splatty or airy and weak but you kind hit the note and you practice like that. You are just setting up muscle memory to make mistakes and fail instead of stopping when it's perfect and doing it over and over for hours and hours and weeks and weeks and months and months.. I hope I made myself clear :P. You can do it. You just have to change your mind set and practice and understand there are no secrets(my original joke post) there is just hard work.

Hhehehe.... New names to old stuff is always a catchy thing.

Its all really simple and easy... after you can do it...

I dont agree completely in this one, I really think breathing and support are important things to be trainned. Very important.

But alone, without a coach, you are 100% correct, although you are being too optmistic with f4... And most people will hit a wall because of something on their voices that is there all the time and need external intervention to be removed.

Support doesn't seem to be a good word to describe it any way. Support implies force being applied to the sound. Isn't what we need to do hold back the breath to relieve the force from the folds?

Regulate air flow?

I'm a hillbilly. Regulate air flow and sustain subglottal pressure mean the same thing to me. :cool:

I do totally agree with your statement. Now that I know what subglottal pressure means. But for years I would have people tell me to support more. Sing from the diaphram... and many other suggestions that mean the same thing. I just didn't get it because what I thought was the meaning of the word support was something different.

When they told me to use my diaphram to support ( thats how your supposed to get power and sing higher notes) I would bear down on my diaphram like I was told to do and I would push like heck with my throat also trying to get louder.

Not being told the reason I had to bear down was to keep too much air from getting to the vocal folds in the first place.

The post was not about support being important of course it is..:P The post was about people thinking

"APPOGGIO" is some new technique..Its just a word Italians(my people) use for support. It simply means "to lean upon" and comes from the word appoggiare [to lean on]. Its just fancy talk :P Its like messa di voce (placing the voice) or you could just say crescendo decrescendo or soft to loud to soft on a single pitch..

My post was about not getting fooled by a new word thinking its a new technique:P

folks, when i returned to training following my polyp fiasco, i spent/spend time on support oriented exercises, the basics, some advanced.... i do nearly all of those jaime vendera breathing exercises just about every day.

no big thing.....just 10-15 minutes a day, one or twice a day...

when i'm sitting in the diner at night waiting for my takeout food, i'm knocking off a set of "leaking tire" reps. when i'm in the store i do breath holding, i do dog pants. i try all of this stuff, and i'm here to tell you it makes a serious difference to your singing in so many ways.

but you have to get to a point of doing it enough to "feel" the difference it makes....and you will come to understand it was worth it.

support has a way of making you very "efficient" and it relieves you up top to experiment with your voice. it's so hard to explain, but i swear by its benefits which are too numerous to mention.

Could subglottal pressure have anything to do with the choked up feeling as you get higher? or the feeling of pressure in the neck region?

Been focusing on my neck to used my edge cord tissue more and my neck isn't tensing up but I can feel the pressure behind the cords. I'm not heaving a massive amount of air out, it's steadily controlled. Maybe if I can lessen this pressure I can sing more freely.

Also going to start doing what you mentioned Bob.

Just basically sss, holding breath, panting, anything else?

start with those..

on the breath holding part...don't lock the breath...just let it out ever so super slowly and all the while keep your lower core expanded.

also, just take deep healthy breaths and let them out fast and forcefully in a statatto like fashion....