New Spinning Death Machine tracks!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi All,

Posted a few weeks ago with footage from our latest gig at the Red Road Festival in Kent, UK, and said I'd be back with some proper studio recordings, which can all be found at:

www.spinningdeathmachine.com

I'd love if you could have a listen and let me know what you think on them all, (4 tracks), but particularly the newest ones 'A lie...' and 'Don't look up'

Any critiques/advice etc would be greatly appreciated in terms of my technique (particularly regarding my screams in 'A lie' and my Bruce Dickinson ripoff high notes in 'Don't Look Up' ;) )

Cheers!

Dave

http://www.spinningdeathmachine.com

Can't listen from my phone, will try to give a listen when I come home

That's the spirit!

Thanks Mivke I really appreciate it and any input you have! :D

Yeah, well, I clicked on your link from my home computer. And all I get is the pics for the band. No link to any music to hear. Sorry to be picky but if you want us to hear the music, you might want to have some links to it, on that page. Or use a filesharing service like box or soundcloud and link it in here.

By the way, not all people have the time to listen to everything. And if they click on a link and nothing happens and they don't have much time, they are onto the next thing they want to check out.

Yeah, well, I clicked on your link from my home computer. And all I get is the pics for the band. No link to any music to hear. Sorry to be picky but if you want us to hear the music, you might want to have some links to it, on that page. Or use a filesharing service like box or soundcloud and link it in here.

Well I don't know what you were looking at because the link seems to work fine for other people. You open it up, there's an 'Enter Here' page, and then it takes you straight to the news page with the music embedded on there. I would have thought that was reasonable. On top of that, once you get to the site, if you couldnt find the links right there, there is a 'Music' page...

By the way, not all people have the time to listen to everything. And if they click on a link and nothing happens and they don't have much time, they are onto the next thing they want to check out.

Forgive me for going onto a forum that suggests you can post samples for criticism on singing and wanting exactly that. Especially having done it before and had responses.

Forgive me for going onto a forum that suggests you can post samples for criticism on singing and wanting exactly that. Especially having done it before and had responses.

Okay, I forgive you. ;)

Maybe I will try it again and see if I can find what you are talking about.

I wonder why no one else has commented in this thread, other than Mivke, who could not hear it on his phone and evidently has not made it to his home computer, yet.

Oh well, have patience. We'll hear it soon enough.

It's a long way home from work! :P

No, I have as you probably have understood, forgot it. I will try to remember though and you will hear my feedback. I am however a beginner, so all my feedback will be opinionbased only :)

Ok, I finally got home.

Sounds pretty sweet man, you really have the sound going. However, I would like to hear you really nail the notes from the start, sometimes it sounds pitchy in the verses because you might be not just sounding just as determined as the rest of your bands sound, if you get my meaning?

Overall though, I think it was good. Keep working on it until you sing those songs "effortlessly".

Edit: Oh, and I also found what you based your band name on.

:D

2nd Edit: In The Lie that Binds... I do have one note for the mix. Your ss's comes through very hard, at least for me. I am quite sensitive to that kind of frequenzy, so it's probably not as noticable but you could tone it done to get a more homogenous sound in that song. Otherwise, very cool songs mate.

I did miss the link the first time. It'such dark colors.

Anyway.

"Don't Look Up" A neat song but it was hard to figure out the vocal melody. I thought I heard some pitchiness, but I could be wrong.

"A Lie that Binds Us" - Your voice is centered well and it has a good melody.

"Crucify" A song Rush could have written if they dared to go heavy. Those time sig changes were great. Proggy hardcore.

"Endgame" some more proggy hardcore. But the story and the strong vocal line really sit well. I like it the best of what you have in there. I think it's the choice of drum sound timbres. That high hat is working for a living ....

So, all this stink about no one listening to and commenting on your stuff and we finally get a listen, and you get some compliments, not mention avoiding being shot down in flames, and where are you now? What do you think about what we said. Now, I return the favor to you by demanding a response.

:)

Hallo!

Sorry about the lack of response, I've been out of the country for a few days, visiting my folks in Dublin :)

OK lets see..

Well a fantastic response, thank you everyone for what you've said! In detailed response:

Ronws

Anyway.

"Don't Look Up" A neat song but it was hard to figure out the vocal melody. I thought I heard some pitchiness, but I could be wrong.

No I agree - I think there may be some pitchy bits on this it was a brand new song that I wasn't 100% sure on. Much happier singing the melody now but there are parts of that which are admittedly shaky

"A Lie that Binds Us" - Your voice is centered well and it has a good melody.

Well thank you very much, its arguably my favourite out of our songs

"Crucify" A song Rush could have written if they dared to go heavy. Those time sig changes were great. Proggy hardcore.

Hi praise indeed! I do love me a bit of Rush. If only I could convince the guys to let me write lyrics about tree politics...:P

"Endgame" some more proggy hardcore. But the story and the strong vocal line really sit well. I like it the best of what you have in there. I think it's the choice of drum sound timbres. That high hat is working for a living ....

Interesting really - its the song that got me the job with the band, and fits with their previous vocalist who was, shall we say, a bit less melodic and a lot more bad screamo (when of the reasons he was ejected). Another fun one to do, the last section going from low to high being the trickiest

Mivke

Sounds pretty sweet man, you really have the sound going. However, I would like to hear you really nail the notes from the start, sometimes it sounds pitchy in the verses because you might be not just sounding just as determined as the rest of your bands sound, if you get my meaning?

I'm afraid I'm no sure what you mean! Could you explain in a bit more detail? Thanks in advance

I've heard worse origin stories :P

In The Lie that Binds... I do have one note for the mix. Your ss's comes through very hard, at least for me. I am quite sensitive to that kind of frequenzy, so it's probably not as noticable but you could tone it done to get a more homogenous sound in that song.

I must admit that's the first time I've heard a comment like that! Its a fair point and I'm sure it could potentially annoy other people out there, have you got any recommendations? In terms of recording I mean?

Otherwise, very cool songs mate.

Thanks man I really appreciate it! :D

Now, I return the favor to you by demanding a response.

Duly noted for my tardiness sir, response given!

Look forward to more feedback ;)

Cheers!

Dave

Hi, what I was trying to say was in that particular song on the verses, you sounded a little bit shaky on the melody but you already explained you were not 100% sure so I guess that's the reason.

Keep up the good work!

It's alright, DRH. Now, you know what I mean when sometimes the lack of response is not meant as insult or disinterest. Sometimes, you just don't have the time or accessibilty.

Peace, Love, and Understanding.

It's alright, DRH. Now, you know what I mean when sometimes the lack of response is not meant as insult or disinterest. Sometimes, you just don't have the time or accessibilty.

Oh dont get me wrong! I never saw it as an insult nor disinterest. Although I will admit to it being a bit frustrating seeing the views of the post go up but no one responding! Oh well, we got there in the end ;)

Hi, what I was trying to say was in that particular song on the verses, you sounded a little bit shaky on the melody but you already explained you were not 100% sure so I guess that's the reason.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah tis a shame, I'd happily do it again, although there are some notes in there that I like to think I'm proud of :)

Many thanks for the response :)