Felipe Carvalho - Cemetery Gates ( Pantera cover)

Hey guys!

Something with a little more power, finally :). My first attempt using a more direct approach with distortion/drive/whatever, very fun.

Looking forward for some comments!!! Tnx a lot beforehand!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11974739&q=hi&newref=1

\m/

• TMV World Legacy Member

I know you were probably looking for technical things but I couldn't think of anything and simply enjoyed the performance.

That is allowed, guys. Just because the section also has the word critique doesn't mean that we absolutely must find some "flaw" that can be fixed. Well, actually, whether it is allowed or not, I will applaud a performance without a technical laundry list.

Oh its all good rowns, Im not really looking for technical feed either, good or not good is better than any other kind of technical info, nothing like a good and straight yes or no to make life simple :). Besides its all the same.

Sometimes we like an example of "how to sing with technique". You come to our rescue.

I post songs to get advice. I listen to yours and the others to find out what it is that I am missing.

Whatever it is you've got it.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I missed this one. Well, not really. But I skipped it because I thought it was an old post someone resurrected and I had responded to already. I could have sworn you did this song already...must have been someone else.

Anyway, I must be getting old. I don't like the song bro. You did great singing it. I just don't like that kind of music. :) The clean parts were good. The gritty parts were good but only for those into that kind of singing. I personally don't get it :D Old I guess! You have such a great voice and (for me) that is what I want to hear. Your tone and texture. But you did a good job none the less. Good singing, not my type of music.

But hey. Most songs I post aren't appealing to most here so we're even :D

I have no singing or technical tips for you. Ha ha...that was a joke man ;)

But hey. Most songs I post aren't appealing to most here so we're even :D

And I'm a fan of "both youse guys."

I like the blues and that brassy vibrato you have Tomy, and I also like Felipe's wide, slightly operatic voice.

lol tnx guys!

haha Tommy well it surely tends to sound a bit like blending ice cubes.I wont try to sell this as technique or even singing, its just plain old screams, with some solid ground so that I dont spit blood afterwards of course. But I do like it \m/ :). Very fun stuff, its a matter of taste surely. Tnx for listenning it even without liking haha :). Edit: Oh yah, I sent a video of a live version somewhere I think, old stuff.

Jens tnx a lot man! But isnt it like that on the original, slightly behind? Maybe I overdid it. Ill check it later :)

Tnx Max :) I appreciate it :)

Felipe, I have to say your cover was better than the original! Your voice has so much character. You sound confident and that translates into strong vocals. Plz share on how you achieve this. Great vocal performance! I like it and the song is addictive ... :)

MichelleMelonie