Strengthening the mix voice

Rate this topic

mw_owa

Hi im new to this forum.

I was just wondering if there was a way to increase the power of my mixed voice. it still doesnt sound as one with my chest voice.

also Is there a way i can add a bit of rasp to it?

here is a clip of my voice . sung almost totally in mix.

It's not easy to sing in head voice with both resonance and with power at the same time. It sounds like you are aiming at a resonant and more pure sound sound, so IMO, you just need to keep practicing head voice until it becomes more comfortable. You can try to belt, but you will lose a large part of that softer control.

Thank you doveros. is there any way I can create a chesty sounding belt in that range? The thing is I bridge at d4. And that limits my song choices. Beyond that my voice sounds like the clip which doesn't sound as strong as I would like it to be..

mw_owa, you might want to experiment with singing the same song but gradually, increasing the volume slightly (not too much, though) and at the same time, do two things - 1) make sure you don't start to use more open vowels on those high notes as you increase the volume and 2) after you inhale air into your mouth, imagine that you're not going to let it out again - it will feel similar to singing while holding your breath. This is called support and you will need more of it if you want more power. And always breathe in in a relaxed manner between EACH phrase and without raising your shoulders.

Some food for thought from me, after having listened to your clip. :)

thanks jonpall for ur advice. i have been trying to do as u told me. I guess the thing about the "holding ur breath" is to add some compression right?

even so my voice still sounds very head voice like. It lacks chest resonance i wish i had.

this is how i sound at chest ( sung fully in chest )

I recently started jamming with a band. and i realized that my high notes just doesn't cut through enough. :/

Thanks for the help !

as best i can tell, it sounds like you are allowing too much air to blow by the folds. try to support a little more and add a little more fold compression.

do vocal exercises that strenghten the musculature that brings the folds together....simple crying is great.